Three in a Row..Part One

 Tuesday 27 November 2012
Have you ever read a really intense book that makes engulfs your mind and soul? When you are finished you keep thinking about what you read and the characters and events? Then you pick up your next read and it’s a dull mystery and the entire time you are reading it you keep wishing you could go back and visit your old friends from your previous book?

Welcome to my world folks. I love a good book. I am also very aware that good books are few and far between. Sometimes when coming off of an intense, life changing read I will follow it up with something equal (or try to anyway..). Or if I read a horror novel I may read a few consecutively. Sometimes the transitioning is hard for me when reading, if I am affected by the book.

Sometimes the stars align perfectly and I am able to read two or even three amazing books in row. It is a very rare occasion but I am pleased to say that this has happened in the past month. It all started when I was sitting in the cinema with a friend. We decided to go see a matinee showing of Pitch Perfect. I love movie trailers so we arrived early and I saw the Life of Pi trailer, which announced at its ending, 'that this film was based on the best selling novel'. I was blown away by the trailer alone! After the movie ended (loved it, by the way) I went straight to my local store and purchased Life of Pi by Yann Martel.

At the time, I was just about finished with J.K. Rowlings lame attempt at adult fiction called The Casual Vacancy. I couldn’t wait to finish and start Pi. I just knew this book would be life changing. Guess what? It was. I was enveloped by this book. Everything was a surprise because going into this I knew nothing, other than they decided to make a film of this novel. I read. I laughed. I cried. I loved. I cried some more. I learned. I pondered.

Four weeks later, I am still thinking of Life of Pi. It really touched my soul.

I want to recommend this book to you but I can not give you a summary. My advice to you, if interested, is to just give it a go. Don’t read any reviews. Don’t watch the film. Don’t research this book. Just read. It is an experience and the less you know the more it impacts you.

The final and only thing I will say to you is: I love Richard Parker. Read the book and you will know what I am talking about <3>


0 comments:

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™