A Question of Creativity..

Wednesday, 19, January 2011

I have hit a creative stump. I am looking to work on some ATC's. I have some great lyrics in mind but my mind pulls a blank when thinking of how to portray them. I've been craftie shopping, I've listened to music, I've played guitar, Nothing.

I have looked at a few of my readers Art Journals recently. I am always amazed at the random creativity that ends up getting explored in those.
My questions to my Bloggie buds: [if you keep a journal and/or art journal] Do you keep a theme to your art journaling?
How do you get your creativity flowing?
What motivates you to create?


5 comments:

Rabbit ૐ January 19, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

I'm usually all over the damn place (you know me), but it made me think that you'll have to come join the Rabbit's Den when it opens. This kind of thing is exactly what it is for. You can get there thru Magic Gumbo if you want a sneak peek while were working out the kinks...

The Bumbles January 19, 2011 at 1:35 PM  

Well - I don't create art - just written creativity. Which I suppose goes along with lyrical writing. I brainstorm when I'm bored so that when I'm blank I have pieces to work with and become inspired. I find it amazing to have the ability to take 2 separate creative worlds and combine them - written lyrics and the music that accompanies them.

phinner January 19, 2011 at 1:47 PM  

how ironic. ok, synchronistic. did you read the email I sent you today???

I think we need to meet IRL. because you are my soul sista.

: x)

phinner January 19, 2011 at 1:48 PM  

p.s. I like the ATCs in your blog banner : x)

Pat Tillett January 20, 2011 at 1:18 AM  

the journals is a sore spot. I've kept journals, notes, ideas most of my life. SOMEHOW, along with a lifetime full of handwritten poems and prose got lost when we moved about 5 years ago. I was so pissed and destroyed by it...

Creativitiy...I'm so A.D.D. that I slip in and out of it in a micro-second. when I'm in it, I try to accomplish as much as I can. I'm working on 3 books, and i have so much trouble staying focused that I'll probably never finalize any of them...

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™