Pot of Corn!

Firstly, let me just say, I love all animals. I will feed anything. I love, love, love squirrels! I try to keep corn in stock for them year round. It's been rather snowy, rainy and messy in Maryland lately so I filled up a little cauldron (a Halloween decoration) with corn and I leave it on my porch. Each morning I go out and spread some food out for my pals. Yesterday evening, upon returning from work/outings I noticed some corn debris scattered around the porch. I assumed one of the squirrels was coming up on the porch to dig in rather than partake in the foods left out in their feeder.

This morning I was running late to work (always) and I was just about to walk outside when I
saw this guy!! (below) I actually walked onto my porch and he remained. I guess he was really hungry or was excited to hit the mother load of foods!!

















This put a smile on my face and I hope he keeps coming back!
Hope all of you had an awesome day!


3 comments:

Pat Tillett January 6, 2011 at 6:35 PM  

Squirrels dig a lot of holes in our hill (that kind of scares me), but they are so darn cute!

The Bumbles January 7, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

I'm with you. I like watching our family of squirrels. The mama had 3 babies and kept them up in a tree in an old hollowed out knot that had bunk-bed like tiers inside. It was right above our patio so we got to watch them grow. Now they are on their own but they still crash in the old homestead knot. They have found squirrel heaven at the ground around our bird feeder. (though the cats did pin one under the steps one day - Andy could hear the poor thing's teeth chattering when he stuck his head under to try to help. we put the kitties back in and squirrely escaped unharmed) And they take care of all that stale bread. I'm glad you have some happy critters too.

Georgina Dollface January 8, 2011 at 12:34 PM  

Now that we live in a highrise, I miss all the littel critters I used to see out on my deck and in the trees outside my window. We had tonnes of black squirrels at our old place. This photo made me smile too! - G

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™