Catching Up...

-Had to swim into work this morning. Some serious downpour all day today. Not a big fan of commuting during days such as these. I just want to be wrapped in my heated blanket, reading Gone with The Wind. Which, I have started and LOVE :)

-Hope everyone's Halloween was amazing! I had a lovely Halloween! My party went over very well. I was super busy Friday preparing. Hubs went to an away soccer game/field trip in Northern Virginia to see U of Md play. This means all prep was left up to me. I was riding solo (to quote Jason Durello...or however you spell that mans name). I had to work (of course), drive an hour to the food store, shop, clean my entire house, bake and decorate a cake, get foods cut and ready for serving and then I microwaved a Smart One Baked Ziti, sat on my couch and watched Sex and the City part two all by my lonesome. That last bit made the entire day worth it.


-The party went over very well. Three people cancelled, last minute, but we still had fun. The cake!














-I was trying to catch up on my blog readings today. Really shocked at the amount of disdain about "older" trick or treaters. In the grand scheme of life does this really matter? I don't care how old you are, if you are dressed and wanting some sweets I will give them to you. Halloween is just good fun. With all of the BS in todays world it's good to just have a little fun now and then. With this and last weeks shoe rant on the radio I guess I sit here thinking how thanful I am. I was there once. I was angry about everything that had nothing to do with me. Judging folks for stupid things, but you know what? I wasn't happy with me. I was miserable. I let it go and I feel 126% better for it. I realized that I wouldn't want people to hate on me for stupid shit (sorry for the language) and if someone is hanging out and happy, that's amazing to me. Regardless of their shoes. Life is too short, have some effin' fun while you are here. Childish or not. Cheap shoes or not. Costume or not.
Laugh, play, sing out loud-even if people are around, wear a stupid costume at Halloween, dance, SMILE and get happy with you.

-Monday I attended a show in DC for Frightened Rabbit. Those boys never cease to amaze me.
I had a nice day off on Tuesday. I have been having a hard time sleeping for the past two weeks and I was able to catch up on some sleep and errands that I keep putting off. I had a mountain of work to make up next day, but sometimes it's worth it, just to take a personal day.
Hope everyone had a fun filled and lovely holiday!


3 comments:

Pat Tillett November 4, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

I'm with you! I don't care how old a "trick or treater" is, just as long as the are in costume!
We give out candy from our garage, in which we always have a small party on halloween night!

phinner November 5, 2010 at 1:17 AM  

shoe rant? older trick or treaters rant? I am out of the loop! oh, I was at the happiest place on earth! LOL!!!

sounds like you had the happenin' weekend tho'! where are the pixs of HP???

: .)

happy friday, Pens!!!

Pearl November 5, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

Exactly! Too many people have their noses in other peoples' business.

Show up to my house in a costume and you're gonna get a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. :-)

Pearl

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™