" ♪ You're Just Too Good To Be True..♪"

I have been M.I.A lately. I have some intense writers block happening. Things are going on but are they interesting enough to blog about? Probably not. I will briefly bring you up to speed on things since one single part of the equation is too boring but the sum of all parts may raise an eyebrow or two :)




-Had a girls night at Penny Lane with Bud. We drank some cheap (really, really cheap) wine and watched 80's films. Bud has never seen the following, (please hold all GASPS until the end of the list) The Goonies, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club, Say Anything, Wizard of Oz..I could go on but I'm embarassed by her actions at this point. Last Friday we had dinner, the wine, some laughs and about an hour and 45 minutes later she was in love with Jake Ryan.

-Read a book on lucid dreaming and how to control your dreams and I tried some experiments with this and failed. Currently reading my very first David Sedaris book. So far, I like.

-I've been working pretty seriously with Bud's cousin from PA-for privacy reasons I will call him Jay. He is looking to move to the area so I wrote his resume and have been setting him up with info on jobs and apartments. He is incredibly radical...but then again, he is related to Bud so why wouldn't he be? Looking forward to seeing him when he comes to visit.

-Thinking about Halloween. This year it is on a Sunday (this makes me think of Jim auto-magically-♪"on a sunday..I thought it through..."♪). I have a big Halloween party every year but people are driving out of the way to attend so Sunday is not going to work. Thinking of celebrating on Saturday but I hate this. It's half assed.
-Also, thinking about what my costume will be for Halloween. Last year I was Alice. I spent about $50 on the costume so I am considering just recycling and using it again. I really wanted to be Frodo but I don't have the whole outfit complete. Any suggestions?

-Planning the big trip to Philly on Monday. Bud and I are driving up and we have taken off work, mapped out a plan and a schedule. Possibilities of meeting up with Bud's sister or with Jay. Looking forward to meeting up with Jim. I seriously think he should serenade me, onstage, with a cover of Can't Take My Eyes Off of You complete with jazz hands....because honestly, who can sing that song without throwing some jazz hands in there?

Any Questions???

4 comments:

phinner October 6, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

ooh, to be serenaded by Jim (Eddie!!!) sigh! is Monday the concert???

flying monkey. I want to be a flying monkey for halloween. I will be at Disneyland however and they don't let adults wear costumes into the park, sheesh!!!

I like the sum of the parts. your life is way more exciting than mine!!! I can live vicariously thru you!!! : .)

The Bumbles October 6, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

Was Bud born in the 90's or did they just not have a movie house or video store near her growing up?! Seriously - WTF? These movies are on cable too. I am glad you are setting her straight. Though Oz is not an 80's movie - it is a classic and you are just missing way too much cultural slang if you haven't seen it - "we're not in Kansas anymore" et al...

Have a terrific trip to Philadelphia Penny - whether or not jazz hands await you.

Georgina Dollface October 6, 2010 at 11:24 PM  

I've heard good things about David Sedaris. Will have to check it out.
BTW, did I tell you that Funny Man watches Top Gear ALL.THE.TIME. He is always laughing his head off. When it's on I don't feel so bad disappearing into the office for a while and hanging out on the blogsosphere. I know that he will be kept well entertained. LOL! - G

BeckEye October 11, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

Everyone falls in love with Jake Ryan. Unfortunately, that guy didn't exist in any high school anywhere on any planet in any time.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™