"Waving To Me From Your Friends Cabriolet..."



It is with a heavy heart that I announce there were no jazz hands at the Philly show. I repeat: No jazz hands.

On the other hand I had a lovely chat and a big bear hug. *sigh*

I am entirely too lazy to actually load any pictures so you will have to settle with the pics I snapped on my phone for now.




Firstly, I arrived at Philly early. During parking the attendant became severely irritated with my Boston Red Sox license plate cover, car magnet and hat in my back window. I believe he used the colorful phrase: "What the f*ck is that about?". I'm sorry the Phillies suck guy.
Bud and I decided to find a cool spot to have some dinner. Along our way I belive I was asked by six different men for a cigarette. I should have purchased an extra pack just for the occassion. In exchange for a smoke I got directions to this: "really hip little diner with on the cheap with pizza and sandwiches". Called Silk City. Well after walking about a mile we arrived and hip, cheap, pizza and sandwiches it was not my friends! They had collectively 5 things on the menu. Everything was about $9 and up...which is expensive when all you are getting are three tiny perogies and a small pile of onions. By the way, the food was crap. I think I had a few bites and that was that. I just kind of wanted to get out of there by that point.













On the way back to the show I had devised a plan to sneak recording equipment in. A friend on the message board is a professional sound guy and asked if people would be willing to record shows. He shipped me all of this stuff and I felt like a spy for the FBI. I will say this: The band doesn't care if we record...the VENUE has issues with recording.

Firstly, I had to shove this recorder into the bottom of my bag and then during my search at the door I diverted the door man's attention from my purse and made some small talk about how last year my car was vandalized and my GPS was stolen so I had to bring it into the venue with me. He was friendly enough to keep talking to me so he overlooked my equipment :)

When I got in I had to shove a wire through my jacket sleeve and down into my purse and then run the two mic's (which look like headphones) alone side of my glasses. haha. I'm sure I looked interesting. It went over well and I just heard from the sound guy that I was the only one to come through with recording so I am really hoping the show comes out nice! Lots of pressure here.
The band sounded amazing. They were just spot on and put on a really B.A. show! But I kinda knew this going in...or I am kinda biased..

At shows end I headed outside to have some words with the Man. During our chat we were interrupted by a lovely man, called Chuck, who was drinking a Coors Light and decided to free style rap for us for about five minutes. It was pretty intense.

After my chat and serenade by Chuck, Bud and I decided to make the long journey home. It took about 3 and half hours. I loaded up on cheap coffee and listened to 90's boy bands music to keep me wired. All in all...awesome trip ♥













4 comments:

phinner October 14, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

so you DID get serenaded. just not by Jim!

: .)

happy thursday!!!

The Bumbles October 14, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

Oh so fun! Very awesome photo. Why is his hair always in his eyes?! I always want to fix it when I see his photo here ;0)

I should have thought to suggest a few places for you to eat since we were just down there in May. There were so many awesome spots that we found. Bummer that you guys were led astray. That's why I always visit Chowhound.com to get the inside scoop.

I don't get why the venue dictates recording? I always thought it was the band's call. Andy has more live recordings than he has time to listen to. He gets them at this online forum - The Taper Section I think it is called. Tapers are a tight group. He doesn't record himself, but we know many who do. Kudos to you for getting the job done well!

I'm glad you had a great time.

The Bumbles October 14, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

Oh - and the Phillies totally don't suck! I'm rooting for them to win the Series again this year. Especially if those damn Yankees make their way back to it. When we came down for the SOX game the city was very nice to all us Bostonians. But then again, their hockey team had just embarrassed the Bruins in the playoffs...

Pat Tillett October 14, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

It sounds like you had an interesting and fun evening. Isn't funny how this time of year, baseball eventually enters into almost every conversation? At least in mine they do...

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™