So I Says To Him, I Says....



Remember yesterday when I told you about the friendly car park attendant who colorfully got on me about my Boston Red Sox magnet?? It has happened again. I can't catch a break this week because of this magnet.



I had to stop and get fuel yesterday at my favorite 711...while waiting for my car to fill up an older gentleman was walking by and eyeing my car. I know that my car is cute..but he was giving it the "eye".
He noticed me noticing him and he says to me, rather sternly: "You a Boston fan?".
Me: "Yes Sir"
Him: "Why?" [insert evil laugh]
Me: "Always have been"
Him: "I've got bad news for ya, You are not going to like me. I'm a Yankees fan".

We both chuckled together and then bonded over our mutual hatred of the Washington Redskins and our mutual love of Peyton Manning.

I love a good sports related smack talk. It's all in good fun!
Happy Friday!!


4 comments:

phinner October 15, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

go Giants! (???)

what can I say? I'm HOCKEY fan!

Georgina Dollface October 15, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

I love random encounters like that. They make my day and restore my faith in humanity that we do all have the friendly gene within us, we just have to bring it out once in awhile. Thanks for the smile! Happy Friday! - G

The Bumbles October 15, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

*groan* You are a Manning fan?!?!?! I forgive you.

I have several friends who are Yankees fans. Growing up in CT and living in Boston there were lots of occasions to meet them - CT is split 50/50 and so many students in Boston's universities come from NY.

I was at my local convenience store one day a few years ago and saw this guy walking in front of my car with a Yankees hat on. It was when those Yankee Hater hats were popular, with the logo a YH instead of the NY? So I was studying his hat to see which one it was. When I discerned that he was in fact a Yankees fan, I actually felt hatred in my mind. Over a rival logo! I had to get a grip and laugh it off. I do despise that team. the people who root for them aren't evil though - just confused.

I'll be rooting hard for the Rangers tonight ;0)

Pat Tillett October 15, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

There are so many transplanted people from all over the country where I live, that life is a running smack fest of one team or another...

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™