Oh The Thinks I Have Thunk...

Wednesday, 27, October 2010

A few things on my mind this week, thought I would share!



-While listening to the radio on the way in to work (my ipod died :( RIP) a local radio show discussed women and their obsession with shoes. Don't get me wrong, I love shoes...but I also love cheap..so I rarely buy new shoes. After debates on how much the average woman spends on shoes the subject of women judging other women on their shoes came up. Apparently the entire DC and Maryland areas are full of women going around staring at other women's shoes and smack talking. This is absurd. I can honestly say that when I meet a fellow female in public or in passing I never think to look at their shoes. I really could give a flying what kind of shoes they are wearing. I just found this to be absurd...Anyone do this? And/or heard of this?



-JIM WILL BE RETURNING!! February 13th! Super-de-dooper excited about this!!

-I have a pretty radical opportunity to go to Fords Theatre this week to watch a presentation by James L. Swanson talk about Booth and Lincoln and his new book Bloody Crimes. I have never visited Fords so I am pretty excited to go! Back in my ghost hunting days I got to investigate Dr. Sam Mudd's home. If interested read the report here!

-After much debate Bud and I decided on our Halloween costumes. Bud will be a HOT DOG!! This makes me giggle..




















My costume is self made. I purchased a red and yellow polo shirt, I will be wearing a black scrub jacket with the Hogwarts crest on it, black and white converse shoes and a Hogwarts bookbag. [see picture]



I have a hand made wand! My friend who does a bit of wood working took a stick and carved it down, added a clear coat and stain for protection, added a bit of leather at the end for holding and burned a lightening bolt into the bottom of the wood. It's pretty amazing. I will take a picture of it on the day to share! To top my costume off I have a stuffed animal Hedwig who will accompany me to work!

-Attended my final wedding of the year last Saturday. It was interesting, to say the least. I am so very glad to be at my end of weddings for the year!

-I am currently finishing up book 65 for the year. I originally wanted to read 100 books. By August I got held up and changed my goal to something more realistic-75. I am planning to read Gone With the Wind after I finish Man Hunt. Gone with the Wind has about 1048 pages. Can I count this as three books?? This may hinder my goal of 75 but I am curious to read it and looking forward to the journey!


So, What's on your mind??



2 comments:

The Bumbles October 27, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

Ford's Theater is pretty cool. They have a little museum in the basement. I enjoyed using my imagination watching Booth leap from the balcony to the stage. Then you can go over to the home where Lincoln was carried to and died - I think they still display the gory bloody pillow. Eek.

Very creative costuming! My friend is dressing her twins up as Bacon & Eggs - that's the extent of my costume fun this year. I'll be at the Patriots game that night.

GWTW is terrific. You should fly through it. 1 book only though - I read War & Peace and am only counting it as 1. I'm up to 22 for the year - was hoping for 30+. Ah well - sometimes the best reads are the chunksters. Which is why I also count total pages read :0)

Pat Tillett October 29, 2010 at 1:26 PM  

That is so darn creative! I think those are my favorite types of costumes. have a good time!

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™