"Join Us For Our Wedding MINI-BREAK"


Have I told you that I'm so over this whole wedding business? Well I am.

This weekend is Hubby's brothers wedding. It's going to be an extravaganza.

I don't want to say too much about this but just know that I am the epitome of anger and bitterness at this point.


A few bits I will mention:

I found out that Hubs and I are sitting at the childrens table. With no other immediate family. We are a bit of the black sheep, you think?

Also, just received a formal invitation to "Brunch" the day after the wedding with the bride/groom and the parents. [ I threw this directly into the bin. ]

Firstly, the wedding is on a Sunday. Not taking off on Monday when I have to see you people on Saturday and Sunday. I'm already traveling about two hours for this only to sit with snot nosed brats (sorry this is my childless-ness speaking) and in the midst of drunken fools...why would you really think I want to extend this visit??

I mean, I'm obviously not normal..so tell me people..do normal folks actually WANT to spend an entire weekend with a bridal party? I know that it's etiquette to have a brunch the following day for out of town guests but who actually attends these things? Rephrase: Who actually wants to attend these things? I feel like weddings these days are like mini breaks. You have to take off work, rearrange life, buy new outfits and travel AND you want me to spend three days with you and your family? Get the eff' outta here!!! Maybe it's just me. Probably. I mean I don't think I would really want to spend three days with my own family...much less, yours. :)

Thankfully, Hubby starts teaching that Monday (ooooohhh darn!!) so we will miss the "Brunch" but I am still extremely baffled by the whole idea. I think a large part of this has to do with requirement. This is not one of those with the options to Decline. It's forced. So thoughts on the Brunch? Am I just being a bitch?

ps. Yes, I drew that picture above of the sheeps. Don't make fun of me.


2 comments:

BeckEye August 17, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

I guess the bride and groom want everyone else to spend a ton of money to make them feel better about the massive debt they racked up with all their wedding costs.

That said, I rarely pass up brunch. Especially if Mimosas are present.

B August 17, 2010 at 1:18 PM  

We're having a brunch the day after our wedding (Sunday) for our friends/family from out of town who are leaving that day. We just thought a free breakfast would be nice since they will have spent so much money to come out for our wedding.

We are not planning a three day wedding fiesta though. We went to one of those in July, by the third day we just wanted to get the hell out of there. T was in the wedding though, so we were stuck.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™