A Bit Dramatic..

I am pretty tired and cranky today so this is a perfect opportunity to complain about a few items:
FIRSTLY,
You can purchase all sorts of International channels. In fact, Comcast offers 15 different Indian channels. They also have a German Channel package available for purchase.
You can not, however, order any other BBC other than BBC America.


Well, how the hell am I supposed to watch James May At The Edge of Space, James May On the Moon or Man Lab???
My daily fix of Captain Slow will now be reduced to re-shows of Top Gear. This is because Toy Stories has just had it's "Finally".
Woe is me.
Someone please cue up the song: "I can't liiiivvveeeee, if living is without you.......I can't liiiiivvveee, I can't giiiivvve anymore.."
*sigh*

(pic taken from BBC homepage. Purple hearts drawn by a very silly pennylane. )



















-I am one of those who uses a seperate shampoo and conditioner. Don't you hate it when you are so tired and don't really bother looking at the bottle and you squeeze a generous amount of conditioner on your hair only to realize you meant to be putting shampoo on?? Maybe it's just me. I am super, dooper clumsy and cheap..so at $6-$7.00 per bottle every little bit counts. I did this last night. I mean, what do you do?




-I am going to watching a friends house/pets for about two weeks. I am slightly irritated because his house is out of my way home. Makes my commute longer (already an hour each way) and traffic is always nerve wracking on that end. He left last evening and we called to discuss my duties. He had thrown in: Taking his bins down to be picked up, checking his mail, and deposting a check that he will be recieving.


I will not be paid for this and I am guilted into it because: "I am the only one he knows in this area...everyone else lives too far to tend to his home every evening".
I am too nice.
Dear backbone,
Please grow.
Thank you,
Penny


I need a shirt that states: USE ME.















-Remember the whole attitude adjustment bit I told you I needed? It's not working. I think it has to do with the new phone system installed in my company. There is a phone tree. This simlpy means when our lazy phone ops decide they don't want to answer the phone it will be routed to another person and then another and so on. Well guess what???? I'm number two on the phone tree!! I share an office (closet) with reception and I'm almost admin so I get to be responsible for all missed calls plus the Manager line. My phone never stops now. Mostly because Reception (1)reads all day, (2) Just stares at the phone when it rings.

Yes, ladies, you are meant to ANSWER that when it rings. Not rocket science. In fact, it's the whole point of your job! The only thing you are paid to do is pick up the phone when it sounds.
This attitude adjustment-
yeah, just not working out.


4 comments:

Georgina Dollface August 4, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

My husband loves watching Top Gear! I always cringe when they take brand new Jaguars out onto the beach a drive around doing donuts in the sand - that can't be good for the car! - G

The Bumbles August 4, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

I used to use the 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioners so that I could sleep an extra 5 minutes. Can you say LAZY? But now that I color my hair and am forced to buy "proper" products, I have them separate. If I get too much accidentally I either just screw off the top and scrape it back in, or I slather it on my leg and use it as shaving gel instead. In fact, if you have bottles of conditioner that you don't like, use them for shaving instead - they are great on your skin. In fact, I always use conditioner for shaving when I travel - one less thing to pack.

Oh - and as for work? Turn your ringer off.

Pat Tillett August 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

This was a great post! I don't know where to start. As to doing things for people we really don't want to do...Don't worry as you get older, this will pass! I usually respond to these requests with something like, "hell no!"

BBC! Oh yeah, why in the world don't we get this? I don't get it and I want it...

The Mrs. August 4, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

yeah ive tried the office a couple times and never get an actual human. i know your working and i shouldnt bother you but its the best way to get you! im filled with shame i really am.

please... next time im home let me take you out to dinner? ill even come to your neck of the woods.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™