Ponderings...

"This life has been a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do. " -Angela Chase-My So-Called Life


Things I have been pondering:

-I watched Reality Bites with a friend over the weekend. He had never seen this movie. Another friend who is considerably younger than I also watched. I personally think that this film is EPIC. Seriously, it sums up all of my feelings associated with graduating college, coming of age and finding out who you really are. It's smart, witty and heart breaking. He was seriously underwhelmed and the younger friend: hated it. Wow folks.


-Why do I keep dreaming of Justin Bieber? I have only heard one song by Bieber. I see his pictures every now and then in magazines but other than that I don't know a thing about him and I'm not a fan at all. I have some crazy dreams because I take Melatonin to help with insomnia and this herbal supplement increases the vividness of your dreams. So for the past three weeks I have randomly been dreaming and Justin Bieber is always involved.



-I have so many things I still want to do in life. Having a child would seriously hinder these things. Sometimes I want a child, other times I just want to purchase a really big 52 inch flat screen telly instead and just hang out without hassle. I feel like time is running out.



-A lot of Mr. Hubs students at school are not aware of Chris Farley. This is so odd to me. He was a staple of the 90's. Are we really getting old? I don't feel old. I don't think I look old. I guess I'm getting there.



-I think my cat Anthony has "people" issues. He doesn't like folks who spend the night. At all. A friend stayed the weekend with me because Mr. Husband was out of town and Anthony just followed this friend around and when we were watching a movie he would sit in front of the friend and just stare. For the entire two hours of film. No, it was more like a glare. Then every time I left the room it was reported that Anthony would hiss at said friend. When I went to sleep instead of curling up next to his Momma, Anthony sat in the hall in front of the guest room door and glared. I made the friend shut the door. I didn't want him to get shanked in the middle of the night by Anthony's claw.



-Why is Matty Bellamy rumored to be dating Kate Hudson. Really Matt? Really?? I can't even look at you right now.









-Putting together a mini break to drive up to Philly, or as I call it: "Killadelphia" in October to see Jimmy Eat World at the Electric Factory. Good times. Always.

-My in-laws claim they want to hang out. They said to pick a date and we would all have dinner together. A crab feast. I'm kind of excited....but only for the crabs. I would endure in-laws for some steamed crabs with Old Bay and vinegar.

-Why are flip flops not an acceptable mode of foot wear for office work? Especially for me. I do maths all day. Behind a desk. With a calculator. I don't talk to patients. I rarely talk to co-workers, I don't even take calls. No one would even see me! It's one hundred and ten degress in Merryland! I need to wear flips to work. At least on Fridays? People wear jeans on Fridays! By people I mean NURSES. Which to me looks really dodgy so why can't a hobbit sized accountant wear some flips, behind the desk?

What are you pondering?


5 comments:

Pat Tillett July 27, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

Lot's of good ponderings in that post, but the story about your cat was hilarious...

The Bumbles July 28, 2010 at 12:27 AM  

What exactly was Justin Bieber doing (to you) in your dreams? Maybe Anthony should be on call to shank him?

phinner July 28, 2010 at 2:30 AM  

pens - you crack me up!

we should talk abt the kid thing.

Penny July 28, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

Pat-I don't know what it is about Anthony. He is like my little guard cat!

Bumbles-He is usually some rando in the dream. The night before he was working the front desk of a reception hall where my family reunion was being held...but his song 'Baby' was playing in the background so when I woke it was stuck in my head! RANDOM.

phin phin-Def a talk coming :)

KaLynn July 29, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

flips at work are awesome! and some are cute! with all that bling bling on them! They shouldn't be outlawed!

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™