New and Improved!

News! I am in the planning process of a huge craft project involving myself, Amber (remember Amber/Ashley??) and her sister Jessica. I am super excited about what we have in works. I will post pictures after I have something completed. Right now it's just blue prints and ideas.


We have a group meeting scheduled to tie up loose ends and get the ball rolling. Also a little shopping field trip to AC Moore. My husband calls this "Old biddy time". I'm not even thirty but I guess I have been an "old biddy" since before high school. ♥

While doing some research on supplies for our project I came across this!


I immediately begain hyperventilating because you all know how much I heart cake decor. I completed the entire Wilton course process last year and they have a special running at my local craft shop for 50% off for Wilton grads! Plus, I already have just about every tip and tool needed so this time around I wouldn't be spending tons of money on supplies.

They have "New and Improved" Course one. Even though the basic, basics are gone over the first few classes I wouldn't mind going back. Get a refresh, learn some new flowers and ideas such as:



Dimensional Decorating
Pompom Flower,
Filling and Icing a Cupcake (I already know how to do this but I kind of figured it out on my own)
Guidelines for Elementary Cake Design
Ribbon Rose
Guidelines for Decorating Your Cake






The Gumpaste course is also "New and Improved".
Although the only change I noticed was they removed that god awful "Fantasy Flower" and replaced it with my very favorite flower: The Calla Lily.

I don't think I like Gumpaste and fondant enough to retake this course just for the one flower so I am going to teach myself the technique for the Lily.


I have a cake order for a Bridal shower on June 19 that has to be deco'ed with Daisy's. I may incorporate a few Calla Lily's as well.











3 comments:

Georgina June 3, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

Oh, yum yum! Are you a buttercream icing type or fondant fan? I like the taste of buttercream icing, especially when it is super light and whipped, but fondant is just so much more versatile when it comes to design. Looking forward to seeing the results of your project! - G

Penny June 3, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

G-I actually don't like the taste of either! I actually hate cake! I love to make them and decorate them but I don't like to eat them :)
Odd I know...

My preference as far as decorating would be buttercream. More people like the taste and I strive to do things with BC that most just give up and do with fondant. :)

The Bumbles June 3, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

I'm jealous of your old biddiness.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™