Five Songs That Remind Me of My Best Friend


Top 5 songs that make you think of your best friend.
I am totally going to use more than one friend because I love this weeks topic.
My Bestie is The Mrs over at Trying Our Best. We met back in 1998. Fresh into college, we both got a position in the Financial Aid Department of our college, discovered we shared the birth day and personality quirks and it was love at first sight. It is an odd connection we share, technically we are very alike and actually we are nothing alike. We could go for months without speaking and then randomly decide to call one another and talk for like three hours. It's just how we roll.
So to end my rambles: Five songs that make me think of my best friend:
1. Bright Lights-Matchbox Twenty- Bestie moved to NY :(
2. Faith-George Michael-Both big fans of GM. Both worked at Suncoast and would listen to The Best of GM every, single, working day.
3. Fly-Lenny Kravitz- This was popular for like two summers and in those two summers we spent a lot of time just driving around and getting lost.
4. I Will Wait for You-Hootie & The Blowfish-We both loved Hootie and this song was always one of her favorites.
5. Jennifers Body-Hole-This went on a mixed TAPE that I made for her early on. It meant something then and means something now *wink*
_____________
The other friend is more like a member of my family. Rusty. We have lived just down the street from each other our whole lives-even after four major location moves. Kind of like fate.
I have known him forever and he is still a staple in my daily life.
1. Breakdown-Mariah Carey-R&B hit from high school.
2. MMMBop-Hanson-He probably wouldn't admit this, but we BOTH totally loved this song and that cd when it was released in the 1990's.
3. Tik Tok-Ke$ha- Only because he loathes this song, as I did. Then it kind of grew on me because every time I get in my car it's on the radio. It started as a joke during the loathing stage. Everytime this song comes on the radio I recieve a text message with just this written: TIK TOK ♥
Eventually, we both started to like the song. After intense overplay, we now loathe it but I still get those text messages daily.
4. Baby, Baby-Bieber-Again, another one of those Ke$ha stories. Rusty teases me that I have Bieber Fever. I didn't even know who Bieber was for a long time. A few times while out and about a song has come on and he makes me listen to it. I actually like the beat of Baby, Baby and it will now forever be associated to Rus.
5. It's Your Love-Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill-This was another huge hit during high school. I took one of those courses as an elective where you have to carry a 5lb baby doll around and plan your wedding and learn how to write a resume, etc. Well we had to marry someone from class and price our wedding and take turns with the fake baby. Of course since Rus and I were/are like peas and carrots I picked him and this was our "fake" wedding song. Funny aside: I hate this song. Never even liked it. It was just the love song hit of that time frame.

5 comments:

The Mrs. June 11, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

ditto my dear. all those songs make me think of you. i think ive worn out my mix cds {hint hint}

The Bumbles June 11, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

Wow - that's a pretty intense class. I'd heard of carrying an egg around but never pricing out your wedding! Very cute that it gave you a sentimental fake wedding song that you despise though ;0)

BeckEye June 12, 2010 at 12:53 AM  

I think all of the songs that remind me of my best friend are probably stupid. And there's a good reason for that. Off the top of my head...

"Naughty Naughty" by John Parr - she always freaking loved that song and I always made fun of her for it

"I'm Your Man" by Wham! - just another of her favorites

"Everything You Do (You're Sexing Me)" by Fiona and Kip Winger - we are literally the only two people in the world who like this song

"Let Me Clear My Throat" by DJ Kool - a song they played every damn night for YEARS at the club we went to...every damn weekend...for YEARS

"Wild Boys" by Duran Duran - anything by DD really, because we're lifelong Durannies...but this was always one of her favorites that I only sort of like

Toni June 13, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

I love this post! I have so many songs that remind me of my dearest friends. I think I may have to steal this idea and use it for one of my posts at some point. Loved it!

phinner June 15, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

oh hai (waving!)

: .)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™