Oreo Surprise Cakes!



I decided to post my Oreo Surprise recipe as well for The Mrs. Recipe Hop. My Oreo Surprise cakes are my most requested item. In fact, just yesterday a few ladies from work began nagging me about bringing some in to share.


So try these out..They are sure to be a hit! They certainly are for my cake customers!













Here's What You Will Need:
This recipe makes 2 dozen cakes.


-one box of chocolate cake mix. Follow directions on box-Mix and blend as directed.
-1 package(s) (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
-1 cup of sugar
-Large selection of mini Oreo cookies. You probably only need about 48 but I like to garnish mine a little more than your average person. Always goes over well!
-About 2 tubs of cool whip or whipped topping. NO SPRAY whipped cream..this will melt.


Here's What You Do:


-Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 24 cupcake tins with paper or foil muffin cups.
-Prepare cake batter as directed on package; set aside.
-In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, egg and sugar until well blended.
-Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about halfway. Top each with about 1/2 Tbsp. of the cream-cheese mixture and 1 mini cookie. Spoon more cake batter over the tops to cover the cream cheese and cookie.
-Bake 19 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.

-MOST IMPORTANT:Let cupcakes cool completely. I would let them sit on a rack for about 45 mintues or more. This is important because if you add the whipped cream topping to even a slightly warm cake it will make the whipped cream watery and it will melt and just make a mooshy mess.


-Frost the cupcakes with whipped topping.
-Garnish the tops with mini oreos. I use two and then I take left overs and crunch them up and sprinkle the bits on top.



















4 comments:

Ashley May 20, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Oreos are my weakness! I just posted an oreo recipe!! I am definitely printing off this recipe!!

Micael "Rabbit" Chadwick May 21, 2010 at 6:22 AM  

These look AWEsome with an extra side of more awesome. Got my grocery list ready!

Dê Longhi May 22, 2010 at 11:32 PM  

Hello... Your blog is very interesting! I'm following you now!

Alison May 23, 2010 at 1:35 AM  

Oh man these look soooo good! My husband LOVES Oreos too - it's the only thing he consistently asks me to send him when he's gone. I think I'll try these to maybe make for him on his leave:-)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™