On Books and Music ♪

On Books ♥

In my quest to read as much as I can this year I have a few honorable mentions.

Firstly: The Irresistible Henry House- Lisa Grunwald



About a "House baby" of the 60's. An orphan who grows up in a practice house with five different practice mothers. It's intense how at such an early age having no real connection and being pressured to please each person can really effect a child. This book follows Henry when he is an infant up until his mid-twenties and the horrid results of the practice mothers and practice house.







The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls





Holly smokers. My bestie sent this down from "the big city" (haha New York) for me to read. She claims she read this and thought of me immediately. She meant that in the nicest way possible. I'm still not sure..haha. This book is a memoir of Jeannette and her hardships with her family. A mother who is anything but motherly, a drunk father and poverty and her drive to overcome and change her future so that it didn't resemble her past. I just finishing this one up and believe me, you should check this one out. It's intense.

On Music ♪

Tuesday Tunes: Week 134
Who are your favorites:
Guitarist: Matt Bellamy. I strive to achieve his level of RADness on the guitar.




















Drummer: Dominic Howard of Muse. Incredible ♥




















Bassist: Rick Burch of Jimmy Eat World. Seriously the coolest, nicest dude you can ever meet.












Vocalist (Male and Female):
Um Helloo....as if you didn't know:

Jim Adkins



















and


Patsy Cline.








Whoa...big difference there huh??

Songwriter: Jim Adkins and/or Bono.


2 comments:

The Bumbles May 27, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

Oh I like the sounds of that first book - I have been away from Goodreads for a week so I missed you reading it there. We were watching a SOX near no-hitter in Philadelphia ;0)

I read The Glass Castle in one afternoon - that is one incredible book. One of the best memoirs you'll find.

The Mrs. May 28, 2010 at 12:58 AM  

that first book sounds interesting. I'll have to look it up.

and the craziness about hte glass castle... all true...

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™