In-Law Antidote



My Bestie, The Mrs., has her recipe hop in full swing right now! I decided to post a recipe for something that is ALWAYS a hit at any party/BBQ/Dinner event that I throw. I mentioned before, I usually host a Fourth of July BBQ, a Halloween party, a pre-Christmas dinner and a New Years Eve party. As well as several BBQ's in between. These are not small gatherings..they normally bring in 12 to 15 folks at a time. The one item that I am constantly asked about and is raved about for weeks after these events is the recipe I am about to give you!


This is rightfully called Bourbon Slush but I have renamed it In-Law Antidote because I tend to partake when the ole in-laws are about. It eases the hypertension I feel building up after the first ten minutes of the visit.

Here's What You Will Need:
-0ne 6 oz can of frozen Orange Juice (ie, Donald Duck, walmart brand etc.)
-one 12 oz can of frozen lemonade
-2 cups of dark (unsweet) tea
-1 cup of sugar
-1 Large can of Pineapple juice
-2 cups (0r more..depending on the severity of your in-laws) of Bourbon
-one 2 liter bottle of Sprite or lemon flavored soda of choice.


Here's What You Do:

-Get a large bowl or pitcher
-Put SEMI-THAWED frozen OJ and Lemonade into pitcher/bowl
-Add 2 cups of tea, the entire can of Pineapple juice and 1 cup of sugar and Stir
-Add 2 cups of Burbon. Stir
-Place pitcher in freezer
After In-Law Antidote has frozen remove from freezer:




-Use ice cream scoop to scoop out the slush into glasses.
-Add a smidge of Sprite to your glass and stir.
Garnish with pineapple, oranges, cherries..whatever you got.

and ENJOY!! (well as much as you can with in-laws afoot..) *wink*






5 comments:

Ashley May 19, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

I am dying to try this!!!!!!

[Briar] . Designs May 19, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

That looks FANTASTIC! Totally going to try that.

The Mrs. May 19, 2010 at 1:46 PM  

HA! in law antedote... I love it....

is it just as good wtihout the booze? you know for when the in laws arent around

The Bumbles May 19, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

I avoid hard liquor at all costs, and my in-laws are nice. But this looks and sounds tempting to try - maybe I'll make a batch for our Labor Day/everyone's turning 40 BBQ - I could surely use an extra drink for that one.

phinner May 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

I wonder if this would keep in the frezer for long periods and I could just scoop it out as needed?! (Considering I don't really entertain and most of my friends are teetotalers.) It would be all for me!!! Maybe I should just come over next time you have a bbq?! : .)

Yum-O! (Nod to RR and one of the Missus' prizes for the recipe hop!)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™