Walkin' After Midnight

A Rando Mess...Thats me!


Firstly, bloggies, have you ever visited the website Sporcle?? It's crazy fun! I love the states and capitals game and the Badly Drawn faces games. They have a TON of stuff in all different areas of interest. Check it out next time you are looking to waste some time on the internets.

Second: Baked the two tiers of my Brudders cake last night. I also prepped some fondant cut outs and created mini cards from fondant. Here is a sneak peek. Tonight I will decorate and assemble. My final, colored, blue print looks great. I am hoping this one turns out as well as I am expecting it to!













Next: Number 20 for 2010: Love Always Patsy Cline: Patsy Cline's Letters to a Friend. What an amazing book so far. Lots of info and it really lets you get to "know" Ms. Patsy. I am such a huge fan of hers. My grandma (RIP) was always listening to her and Loretta Lynn. Actually, my Grandma loved them so much she named her daugher (my aunt) Loretta Lynn! Growing up I always heard Ms. Patsy in the house. As a child I connected with her immediately. The power, the emotion and the depth of her voice. It soars straight into my soul. So if you are a fan of Ms. Patsy check out this book! You won't be disappointed.

Also, Jim announced he is recording the infamous cover for the new album. Super stoked about this. Each album they do a cover and I am usually pretty amazed each time with how much I love the new sound. Curious what they pick and even curiouser (alice) to hear!! Yay for My Jim ♥

Lastly:

Top 5 On Friday
Top 5 albums that didn't live up to the hype


I listen to A LOT of indie stuff so I am going to list these by MY hype, if you know what I mean..
I can really only think of two right now, so here they are:


1. Keane-Perfect Symmetry-I love Keane but their last album is so different I can't listen to it. They lyrics are no longer deep, the music is too poppy and there is no connection between us. Not for me.

2. Republic Tigers-Keep Color- These boys opened for Travis about a year ago. I arrived about halfway through their set and I was really into the music. The lead singer was like Jim's long lost twin so he was nice to look at. After the Travis show I downloaded the Republic Tigers latest album from itunes. The following week I gave it a listen. It is horrid. Well, that's a little harsh..it's just not for me. Maybe I was too busy droolilng over Jim's twin to actually pick up that I didn't really dig their music...OR maybe they are just better live. Who knows? Either way, disappointed.
3. The Shins-Everyone was super jazzed about this band after Garden State came out. I had heard a few things prior but ended up really taking a listen after the hype. Yeah, not for me.
4. Kings of Leon-I really liked Caleb's voice and intensity in Sex on Fire. Plus he's pretty...so I bought the album. Disappointed. Not for me. Now the only track my local radio plays is Use Somebody.



1 comments:

BeckEye April 10, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

Hmm, I like Only By the Night, almost all the way through. There might be one or two songs that I'm not wild about, but overall it's really good. I liked Because of the Times a lot as well. I only know a few songs from their first two records.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™