Found My Muchness...

Big stuff in the cake world this week. I was asked to make some of my Famous Oreo Surprise cupcakes for a friend/colleague that is leaving my company on Friday.

I am also creating a two tiered Alice in Wonderland cake for my Brudder. His date of birth is actually today but we are celebrating on Saturday.

I have some great ideas and have decided to share a rough copy of my blue prints. Firstly on the top tier I will be using Frozen butter cream method to pipe a version of this picture/characters only-in this style-because it's very Burton-esqe.








Then I will be cutting white squares from fondant to make baby cards. Those will be stuck randomly throughout the top of the cake. SEE BELOW.

As the border around the top tier I will use alternating Red Hearts and Black Spades cut from fondant. I purchased a Wilton mini cookie cutter set of Card symbols several weeks ago for this reason.



















For the bottom tier I will be using a rope border out of butter cream done in black icing. Then I will pipe random swirlies in red butter cream on the sides. On the top of the tier I will write "Merry Un-Birthday" in a crazy font.


Pretty excited to make this cake. It's a complete surprise as well. My Brudder knows I am making him a cake but he doesn't know the style and we both were raised on Alice in Wonderland so this cake will be a pretty big deal.

So with this said:







4 comments:

Chadwick ッ April 7, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

Yippe-kazoo for Muchness!

I can't wait to see this one! I am so excited you would think it was MY unbirthday!!!

phinner April 7, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

I can't wait to see how much muchier you get!

soooo exciting!!!

hbd to the brudder! : .)

BeckEye April 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

I will be calling you next February to make me a Daffy Duck/Eddie Vedder/John Travolta/Damon Albarn cake.

Toni April 8, 2010 at 10:04 AM  

Awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product. 3 cheers to you for finding your muchness!

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™