The Wanderer

Music And Movies:

There are a lot of movies made about rock bands. What artist/band do you think should be immortalized on the big screen? (Feel free to cast the leading roles if you so choose) I don't know...there are already films made about most of the artists I am interested in learning more about. Maybe Dion DiMucci, as in Dion from Dion and the Belmonts. I have always been spellbound by his voice, since childhood. I had a few of his vinyls as a kid and would play them over and over again and he has always just stuck with me. I've read here and there he had a rough go of it so I would like to see a film about him.













In case you didn't know, he was incredibly darling as a young man and I'm thinking Zachy Efron could play him. *sigh*





















Which do you like better, movies about music or movies that are musicals and why? This is like Sophie's choice for me. I love them both. Equally. I love, love, love musicals-Funny Girl, Cabaret, Sound of Music... My hubs HATES them. So I have to watch when he is busy or at some random sporting event.
Movies about music-I love them all-La Bamba and Dirty Dancing were a staple of my pre-teen years. I love Empire Records, Walk the Line, Ray, Cadillac Records, Sweet Dreams, anything musical...love it.

Tell us your favorite movie soundtrack and why: This would be Dirty Dancing part one and two. For those old skoolers online remember when they divided the vinyls in to two sections b/c on Dirty Dancing part one they left all of this great music out??!! Well I do. Great stuff.
I am also very into the music from Empire Records. They had about fifty songs in that film but the soundtrack only had 12 tracks. I got a complete track listing and just downloaded every song featured and made my own Empire Records soundtrack ♥


4 comments:

Micael Chadwick March 30, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

The version of "Sugar High" with Gina singing is one of my all time favourite tracks ever. It's one of my go-to songs when I am having a crappy day.

My fave soundtrack though (and one of my fave movies) is "Once." It's such an awesome album...

The Bumbles March 30, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

Wow. I have no idea on the musician movie. I suppose I'd need to be introduced to a new musician through a movie about him/her. Although I am intrigued by the new Joan Jett/Blackhearts flick coming out.

I much prefer movies about music or musicians to musicals. As fun as musicals can be, they just always kind of bug me that I need to accept as perfectly normal everyone randomly breaking out into song and dance and then going back to dialogue. Bizarre concept. But I do enjoy them - I just need to be in the right mood to have the songs stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

I always liked the Footloose soundtrack. And the one for Forrest Gump was good too.

KaLynn March 30, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

I love musicals and movies about music too! Grease/Xanadu with Olivia Newton John, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, My Fair Lady, Sound of Music, Wizard of Oz, I'm also a sucker for old movies. .LaBamba is great too. All that you have mentioned are super movies! My friends say if I was stranded on a desert island all I would need is my drawing supplies and music and I would be fine. Thanks for the memories!

BeckEye March 31, 2010 at 5:30 AM  

OMG, that pic of Zac is delicious.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™