A Question of Books

Today I start book number 18 for this year, thus far. I have really been putting some Crichton's to sleep. Out of all of his novels I believe I still have a pending list of 6 that I want to read. Thankfully, they are all available at my local libray.


I am thinking of taking a break from Crichton after I finish Congo to revisit the Twilight saga. Whenever a Twilight film or Harry Potter film is released I tend to revisit the books. I love the stories and I don't get tired of the reading.

These along with Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. They never get old.

Out of the current 18 books this year some of my most favourite reads are:
The Great Gatsby-F. Scott Fitzgerald
Bloodroot-Amy Greene
To Kill A Mockingbird-Harper Lee
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest-Ken Kearsey
Jurassic Park-Michael Crichton
Andromeda Strain-M Crichton

So my questions to you, my bloggie buds:

number one/a: Do you have any favourite books that you tend to revisit time and time again?

number two/b: In the past year, what are some of your favourite reads?

Happy reading!



4 comments:

Rabbit March 31, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

I can read To Kill a Mockingbird over and over and never tire of it.

What looks like crazy on an ordinary day is another one like that. I can't tell you how many times I have read it - and bought it and passed it on to people. Such an amazing book.

Wally Lamb I can read incessantly, too. Dolores in She's Come Undone gets me everytime...

The Bumbles March 31, 2010 at 2:15 PM  

There are only 2 books that I re-read with regularity - To Kill A Mockingbird and The Sound and The Fury.

The Help and The Book of Lost Things were my only two 5 Star reads in the last 12 months. Well - I also considered Galapagos a 5 Star book, but that was a re-read. You might could add Galapagos to my first question response - since I've read that one about 4 times.

Bridget March 31, 2010 at 5:57 PM  

Favorite books I revisit: The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, War for the Oaks by Emma Bull, The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, A Wrinkle in Time and all accompanying books by Madeleine L'Engle...too many! I'm a serial re-reader.

BeckEye April 1, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

I don't usually read books more than once, although sometimes I'll go back and look at certain parts. I've done that a lot with my two favorites, Les Miserables and Lolita.

I haven't read a book in a while...I need to get on that. Reality TV is making me, uh, um...not smart.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™