The Blogger Music Memoir!

Since this is music related I will say this: Anyone own Kris Allen's cd? I think he has the prettiest voice and I keep hearing little clips on the telly of his music during American Idol. I have to officially dig at least three songs on an album by a new artist before I purchase the entire album. So far, I have officially only heard "Live Like You Were Dying". So anyone?? Thoughts??
Now that is settled, on with the Musical Memoirs. They are at a new address so if you want to play along do so in my comment section OR visit them HERE

Tuesday Tunes!
We're going to do word association: give us the first band/album/song you think of when you see these letters
L ast Kiss-Pearl Jam
U 2-One "you ask me for forgiveness and then you make me crawl...and I can't keep holding on to what you got, when all you got is hurt"
Cake-Let Me Go
K ris Allen-Alright With Me-really sorta loving this song.

O asis-Talk Tonight
F rightened Rabbit-The Winter of Mixed Drinks and a live show in April


T ravis
Here Comes Your Man-The Pixies
E verybody Hurts-REM


If You Don't, Don't-Jim Adkins-sigh
'Rich, rich, beautiful" Beautiful Dirty Rich-Lady Gaga
Im Ready, I Am-The Format
Sing for Absolution-Muse
H ear You Me-Jimmy Eat World - not my fav. song by them but it was the first thing I thought of.

6 comments:

Morgan Kristocale March 16, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

I love Kris Allen! Here's Before We Come Undone and The Truth from his Malaysia show:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SnapCracklyPop#p/c/BDA98157FA07F392/1/IU2IgOshwzk

And Red Guitar & Alright With Me:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SnapCracklyPop#p/c/BDA98157FA07F392/2/OntQgaN_JPc

Marleen March 16, 2010 at 7:01 PM  

Live Like We're Dying is awesome and a lot of fun. I love his voice too.

I agree with the comment by Morgan about Before We Come Undone and Alright With Me, both of which I'd be totally cool as a second single (fingers crossed). I also wanted to add a couple recomendations:

Can't Stay Away: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4axKTk2Jqys

The Truth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTtc1FHJmw8

and my absolute favorite, I Need To Know: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSSlVu9wGgg

Hope you like what you hear :)

SajiNoKami March 16, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

Kris is quite good. If you plan on getting the CD, Walmart version is best with the bonus track: Send Me All Your Angels.

here is the resent concert with all the banter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57urgRqQoDQ

Penny March 17, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

Thanks to everyone for suggestions. I downloaded the whole album last night on itunes. Listened to some of it on my commute. I like it. He has such a great voice.

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit March 17, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

I started to do that:

Lovesong by The Cure (of course)
Ultravox -- Vienna

...

and then I got Vienna stuck in my head. It won't get out again!!!

"This means nothing to me!
Oh Vienna!" :D

BeckEye March 17, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

I don't have Kris' album. But after hearing the snippet of "Alright With Me" in the Ford commercial several times, I had to look it up. Very cute.

Tuesday Tunes!

L is for "Love Me Like The World Is Ending," Ben Lee
U is for "Under My Thumb," Rolling Stones
C is for "Corduroy," Pearl Jam
K is for "Killing Me Softly With His Song," Roberta Flack

O is for "Only the Lonely," The Motels
F is for "Friday I'm In Love," The Cure

T is for "To The End," Blur
H is for "Hurt," Johnny Cash
E is for "Everybody Knows," John Legend

I is for "Irish Rover," The Pogues
R is for "Ramble On," Led Zeppelin
I is for "If I Ever Leave This World Alive," Flogging Molly
S is for "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," Tom Petty/Stevie Nicks
H is for "Hallelujah," Leonard Cohen (or my personal favorite version by Jeff Buckley)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™