Two-fer Tuesday!

Tuesday Tunes - Week 120
Let's do something fun.

You fill in songs that start with the first letter of this phrase:


S parks-Coldplay
N ight Drive- Jimmy Eat World
O cean Breathes Salty-Modest Mouse
W hen You Were Young-Killers

S ide-Travis
U nderneath the Golden Grain-Reubens Accomplice
C razy-Patsy Cline
K arma Police-Radiohead
S weetness-Jimmy Eat World

....And because I missed one...
Top 5 On Friday: Week 229

Top 5 songs you think it should be illegal for anyone to cover:

1. Bohemian Rhapsody-Queen...not because I am a big fan just because it has a very distinct sound that would just sound wrong if redone.

2. Anything by George Michael (it just doesn't work people) He has a passion that can't be duplicated.

3. Anything by Patsy Cline.

4. One-U2. Sorry Adam Lambert..it was horrid.

5. I can't think of a number five.

Thoughts??

5 comments:

Malcolm February 9, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

Since I don't know a majority of these songs, I will have to check out You Tube when I have time.

I agree with you about #1 on your list of songs that shouldn't be covered. The only way I can see it working is if someone did a drastic alteration of the song, but then that might not work because the uniqueness of Bohemian Rhapsody is part of its charm.

As for #5, I've got nothing.

By the way, my Tuesday Tunes for the week is up.

Penny February 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

I agree Malcolm. It would have to be earth shattering..

Bridget February 9, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

Did you see the Muppets version of Bohemian Rhapsody? THAT was awesome, though clearly not a serious attempt to remake the song.

Rabbit February 9, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

How cute. We both came up with the same one for the letter C!

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit February 9, 2010 at 11:07 PM  

I'm totally with you on Adam Lambert's One. It made me want to cry. And not in a good way!

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™