"Pick a Book Up and Turn The Sheets Down.."


Sigh. Seems like all of the East coast are preparing for the storm of the century. The weather is looking like we are getting almost three feet of snow this weeekend. This is on top of the 11 and a half inches we got last weekend. We were pretty much snowed in. I spent my entire weekend reading. Which was fun for me because I got to finish a most excellent novel of a new writer-Bloodroot by Amy Greene. I also started To Kill A Mockingbird..which I am just about to finish up and I love it. I read this in high school but don't remember much of it. I love classics and enjoy visiting or revisiting when I can. They are classics for a reason.

My queue of books to read is slowly dwindling but I will say I did just purchase Gone With The Wind. This book is massive. That should keep me busy for awhile. Until then I can restock. As most of you know my hubs is a teacher. An English teacher at his school went around and asked every teacher to reveal their favourite book-Title, Author and brief description. These entries were compiled into a list of 35 and given to students and other teachers upon request, who enjoy reading and may just want a little map of reads to dig through. Naturally, hubs picked one up for me. Seems like a great list! I have a few on the list but most are new to me and some are books that I always wanted to read but just forgot about purchasing (ps. I really need a library card).

My queue is slowly piling up again! I also wanted to offer this list to any of my bloggie buds who are interested. Just send me a quick email or comment below and I will forward you the list. Happy reading and know this, after I dig myself out from under three feet of snow this weekend, my first order of business is to find a library in the town I just moved to and get a library card!

PS. I am featured today over at ATC-The Music! Go check it out! Just Like Heaven by The Cure.

post signature

*Jewel-you were meant for me

** photo by me :)

7 comments:

Hence72 February 4, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

Hi pleased to meet you

Great blog

Please come visit some time

The Bumbles February 4, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

List me please!

We're not getting any snow - will be clear and cold - excellent weather for our neighbor's outdoor Super Bowl party - we all sit around the fire, watch the game on the side of his shed and skate around on the rink. When I get cold I just go inside ;0)

Penny February 4, 2010 at 1:26 PM  

ooo.. That sounds so fun!!
Who are you rooting for??

Bridget February 4, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

Oooh, oooh, send me the list!

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit February 4, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

Congrats on another ATC feature!

I'd love to see that list! I always seem to have so many books in The Pile, that a few more can't hurt! ;)

Penny February 4, 2010 at 11:41 PM  

Bridgett and Richard-Done and done :)

ATC (Artist Trading Card) The Music February 5, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

Yes you are and I look forward to seeing more from you!!!! Thanks Penny!

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™