A Heart Day Music Memoir



Top 5 On Friday: Week 230
Top 5 songs that get you through the Valentine's holiday.







I don't really participate in Valentines Day. Never really have. It's just a day, with tons of chocolate (that I don't need) that costs tons of money (which I don't want to spend) and if you go out there are tons of people (and I hate waiting). I think back in college when I was a server at a resturant Valentines Day was ruined for me. It was the single, WORST, day all year to work. There was a wait from opening to close, the kitchen always got backed up, people were pissed, nothing would go right and you were hating life by the end of the night. I remember my last Valentines day that I ever worked as a server, three of my fellow servers were CRYING by the end of the night. Out of frustration. haha..you have to look back and laugh at that...

So now that I have given this really long winded answer I will just tell you my top 5 favourite LOVE songs instead. Regardless of V day or not :)

number one/a: If You Don't, Don't-Jimmy Eat World. -it has a pretty sad ending but it's still incredibly sweet and I have always been in love with that song.

number two/b: Fearless-Taylor Swift-this song is just freaking cute. It's simple and just plain sweet and cute and to the point.

number three/c: Starlight-Muse-Matt Bellamy writes one hell of a love song. Always.

number four/d: Just Like Heaven-The Cure-I always sigh when I hear this.

number five/e: Flowers in the Window-Travis-Sigh worthy and cute.

What are yours?

4 comments:

BeckEye February 12, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

I hate Valentine's Day. It's so stupid. And I'm not just saying that because I'm single! It's such a made-up holiday to make the people at Hallmark and Kay's Jewelers richer.

The Mistress of the Dark February 12, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

Oh I haven't listened to The Cure song in ages, but that one is perfect.

ATC (Artist Trading Card) The Music February 13, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

Of all the lists I have I do not have a list of my favorite love songs. I'll have to give it some thought and get back to you on that..sorry. But love your choices! And you've been doing a hell of a job interpreting them artistically! :D

Penny February 14, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

Beck-It's okay..I hate Valentines day as well and I'm married! I agree....just another reason to spend money.

ATC-Well thank you! I have a two part If You Don't Don't coming. I wanted to finish it today but I'm having some printer issues.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™