Are We There Yet???

I attempted to be a good citizen and return to work today. They opened my work at ten am. More than enough time to have things situated on the roads. Well I left my home to discover that my neighborhood streets were still packed with three inches of ice. After sliding sideways around a corner I came to the end of my development and noticed that the access road to the main highway leading to work was also covered with snow and then underneath that, layered with ice. With this I turned around and went back home. I am starting to feel very UN-motivated. I can't wait until this storm weather is finished. I need my schedule back.

I ended up on my coach with my heated blankie and my rag doll and a pillow. I rented Time Travelers Wife On Demand. I read the book last year and I had a love/hate relationship with it. I disliked Claire (the main character). I couldn't connect with her and I found her to be selfish. The story was so involved and until the very, very end of the book I didn't appreciate it. If this even makes sense. For those of you who have read Time Travelers, maybe this will make more sense to you. It's just best to say it was a love/hate relationship. I still wanted to watch the film even after my torrid relationship with book. I ended up sobbing into my Bounty paper towels by the end. I actually really quite enjoyed that film.
So in response to A and M over at The Bumbles Blog- Yes, I can take pictures in my house *wink* BUT it's not as fun....and here they are:

My afternoon in pictures:




























4 comments:

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit February 11, 2010 at 10:57 PM  

Stay at home! Don't go out! It ain't safe!

Sounds like you didn't have it as bad as my mother-in-law in Baltimore who said (or I think she said) they had 5 feet of snow!!!

phinner February 12, 2010 at 12:18 AM  

oooh, I don't if I can be enlightening...heheheh!

it was so nice of you to stop by my blog, I was thinking "who the heck is Penny" and then I realized where I "knew" you from!

I'm gonna add you to my google reader! your blog is quite cute too!

habe a gud weekend!!! happpy heart day!!! : .)

Penny February 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

Richard-We didn't get as much as B-More or DC but we still got enough to mess up my week :) hahaa

Phinner-happy heart day to you too love!!

The Bumbles February 14, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

Yay! A movie, snuggling and shooting some photos. Much better than a day with the copier.

I liked TTTW - reluctant to see the movie. But I am curious to see how they pulled it off.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™