Play on Playa...


Everyone is participating in Top Ten of sorts. I decided to do my own version even though it's late..I'm always late (I'm late, I'm late..for a very important date).


My verison includes my top ten favourite songs of 2009. These are based on most played, some are not released in 2009, they just got a lot of play during the year. So without further ado:


Penny's Top Ten Songs of 2009


1. Poke and/or Good Arms Vs. Bad Arms by Frightened Rabbit. They have a new album due out this year so next year maybe one of those will make my list :) I fell in love with FR at first listen. One of my favorite bands.

2. Guiding Light-Muse - the lyrics will rip your beating heart out and Matts soulful voice while singing will then stomp on that beating heart. It's intense.

3. The Fixer-Pearl Jam-Eddie Vedder proves he can still ROCK OUT.

4. No Sensitivity (from Clarity Live)-Jimmy Eat World-Go fig..Need I explain this one? Really?

5. If You're Wondering..-Weezer-I'm sick of all the "too cool" kids who think Weezer isn't what they used to be. Raditude sounds like Weezer to me. I love it.

6. Dustland Fairytale (Live from Albert Hall)-The Killers--EPIC

7. Speechless and/or Bad Romance-Lady Gaga. How I heart thee. I actually teared up while watching a performance of Speechless live. Lady Gaga has an amazing voice. Just mind her clothes..she's a nutter.

8. Panic Switch-Silverspun pickups-Just all around great.

9. All I Want To Do Is Rock-Travis-This is an older song but it kicks so much ass that I am always going back to this on my ipod and playlists. Fran has an awesome voice.

10. Don't Rain On My Parade-The Glee Cast..WORD. Yes, I am a nerd.


post signature

10 comments:

briarrose86304 January 5, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

*love* your choices... many of your songs have been in heavy heavy rotation on my ipod this year too.

Count me in as a fellow nerd- and proud of it.

Rabbit January 5, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

OH! You rock like Rain Man! I am so glad you did this. I have LOVED everything you've recommended thus far. I'm so excited I may just pee on the rug. As long as it's someone else's rug. And in some other home. Not mine. Not here. I rather like my rug.

And don't feel bad about being late, late for a very important date... I always say I am never late. Everyone else is just early anticipating my arrival... As soon as I find the keys...

"Rabbit... Where'd you put the keys, girl?"

Rabbit January 5, 2010 at 2:10 PM  

p.s. re. "Just mind her clothes..she's a nutter." I heart her clothes. I would so raid her closet and go shopping. There was once a mysterious rabbit sighting at the local Wal-Mart wearing a full length red petticoat (think Mami in Gone with the Wind), motorcycle boots, a wifebeater, and a tiara singing La Boheme at the top of his lungs to a kumquat... People are so weird...

Penny January 5, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

Ha ha..Rabs...Holy smokes. That would have been a sight. I would have been back up

BeckEye January 5, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

Any list with Pearl Jam is a good list.

A Mom With A View January 5, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

Great Idea for a list..I dont always know the names of songs I like or Id do one too...Im a new follower from over at Rabbits...Nice to meet you..!!Ill be back..

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit January 5, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

Am I the only one who looked at that photo and thought

"Don't pour coffee in that cup! Don't pour coffee in that cup!!!"

...

Yes, yes I see it was just me. :D

Penny January 6, 2010 at 9:28 AM  

Hi Mom..lovely to know you :)

Richard: You crack me up! :) :)
Loved that!

Lady J January 6, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

If "Don't Rain on my Parade" didn't wrap up my year - nay, decade - perfectly....I don't know what did. Lovely list! I'm off to listen to some of the recommendations I haven't had the pleasure of hearing yet.

Lady J

The Bumbles January 7, 2010 at 4:35 PM  

GIRL! If you're wondering if I want you to - I want you to.

Love that one. Makes me laugh and go awww at the same time. Kinda like you!

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™