Everyone is participating in Top Ten of sorts. I decided to do my own version even though it's late..I'm always late (I'm late, I'm late..for a very important date).
My verison includes my top ten favourite songs of 2009. These are based on most played, some are not released in 2009, they just got a lot of play during the year. So without further ado:
Penny's Top Ten Songs of 2009
1. Poke and/or Good Arms Vs. Bad Arms by Frightened Rabbit. They have a new album due out this year so next year maybe one of those will make my list :) I fell in love with FR at first listen. One of my favorite bands.
2. Guiding Light-Muse - the lyrics will rip your beating heart out and Matts soulful voice while singing will then stomp on that beating heart. It's intense.
3. The Fixer-Pearl Jam-Eddie Vedder proves he can still ROCK OUT.
4. No Sensitivity (from Clarity Live)-Jimmy Eat World-Go fig..Need I explain this one? Really?
5. If You're Wondering..-Weezer-I'm sick of all the "too cool" kids who think Weezer isn't what they used to be. Raditude sounds like Weezer to me. I love it.
6. Dustland Fairytale (Live from Albert Hall)-The Killers--EPIC
7. Speechless and/or Bad Romance-Lady Gaga. How I heart thee. I actually teared up while watching a performance of Speechless live. Lady Gaga has an amazing voice. Just mind her clothes..she's a nutter.
8. Panic Switch-Silverspun pickups-Just all around great.
9. All I Want To Do Is Rock-Travis-This is an older song but it kicks so much ass that I am always going back to this on my ipod and playlists. Fran has an awesome voice.
10. Don't Rain On My Parade-The Glee Cast..WORD. Yes, I am a nerd.