Painting, Reading and Gaming..

I was on such a roll with my reading. I managed to read Cold Mountain, The Great Gatsby, The Bell Jar and Geralds Game in less than a week and a half. I was still on that roll on Friday. Trying to knock The Little Stranger out of the park when I was in such a rush to leave the hell I call work. I drove an hour to my township where I reside and I stopped at the local blockbuster to drop off a movie I had rented. Pull in, park, turn off car, exit car, open passenger side door to obtain book bag which held said movie and my current book, Wowza.


Bookbag was not there. In my rush to exit work I left it sitting on my desk chair. I was a little pissy. I was seriously craving that book this weekend. I started reading my favourite book ever: Pride and Prejudice, again in the meantime.

Due to my lack of book I did accomplish some other things that I had put on hold for awhile. I painted five or six artworks with song lyrics on them. I kept two for myself with Jim lyrics, of course, on them. The others were requests from friends/family. I am happy with the end results. Here is my favourite:


















I also got to play one of my games that I was gifted at Christmas for the first time. It is called Fear. Yes, I know this has been out for awhile but I had never really played. It is reminiscent of Call of Duty (which I love) with an insane twist. For those who don't know you play a man who is apart of a group called First Encounter Assualt Recon. You are sent out to clean up any sort of paranormal activity. Your mission in the game is to find this crazy man who was doing some research at a warehouse and killed a bunch of folks and ate them. Yup, you heard that right.My brudder was constantly talking about how creepy this game is. So yesterday I turned out all the lights, turned up the telly and played. I will say, I screamed out loud twice. The game is more intense than anything. You go into a room and stuff just randomly falls off of shelves and they flash random bloody pictures on the screen, let you hear weird voices and most of the game is DARK. You have a flash light. The whole time the anticipation of what was going to pop out at me keep me nervous. I will say I played until about the fourth mission in one sitting because I was addicted that quickly but I got lost in the warehouse and after passing the same generator six times I quit.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend! Time to get back on the reading horse..

post signature

3 comments:

The Bumbles January 18, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

Shit. I would not like that game. Sounds like the corn field maze at Spooky World where bloody monsters and zombies jump out and wrap their arms around you. Nevermind the fact that you get lost in the game - something I do often. I don't suppose it lets you earn a Garmin for your dude with bonus points does it?

briarrose86304 January 18, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

*LOVE* the art piece so much! You did a great job!

I hope that you have a GREAT week this week!

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit January 18, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

Lovely painting! And you have been reading a lot of books haven't you?! :)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™