My Happy Happy's


Rabbit has awarded me this amazing honor!

ps. I am excited there is a cupcake on this picture :O)

The rules of the game are as such:
A. List 10 things that make you happy.

B. Try to do at least one of them today.

C. Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day. (Tag!! You're it!)

D. For those 10 bloggers who get the award, you then link back to my blog and create your own "makes you happy" list.


My Ten Happy's: (random order)

One: MUSIC-playing it, listening to it, writing it, talking about it, seeing it live, recreating it, arranging it, recording it, creating with it, letting it inspire me, letting it motivate me, the ups and downs of it, the ability of it to snatch you from your life as you know it and throw you back in time to a different place and feeling, the power it has on my emotions...everything about it. I am made of 90% music and I would be lost and incomplete with out it.

Two: My JA-90: This may tie with number one but I really don't care. This is my list right?? JA-90 motivates me to play longer and harder, to learn new things and be a better guitar player. He is sooo pretty that every time I walk into my office/music room and see him he takes my breath away. His voice lifts my spirits and when I create something with him I feel at peace.

Three: Coffee-I had to steal this from Rabbit. It's true though. Two years ago have never mentioned this as a "happy" but now..Coffee is a delight. It gets me going, it tastes like heaven. One of my favorite things to do is to go to my local Dunkin Donuts, get a large coffee and sit at the little metal tables they have outside with a friend and just talk. Even if this only lasts twenty minutes, it's still the best time I could ever have. I look forward to a cup...*cough, cough* or two every morning, it's great for long rides home, to share a cup with my hubs or just curl up with a cup and blankie.

Four: My little family- No I don't have kids. Yes, I'm late twenties and married...gasp!! I'm not ready for a child just yet and thats cool for me. My little family consists of my Hubs and my two cats Anthony Jr. and Johnathan. My boys truly, truly make me smile every day.

Five: Jimmy Eat World: Again, this may go with number one... but I have loved J.ew for so long that the music has become apart of me and my life. A part that makes me happy! It's more than just the music... The community that revolves around it. I have met some wonderful people and some of them I call close friends via J.ew. and the their board. Their music continues to touch my soul every day.

Six: Laughter/Silliness-I am so blessed to live with the silliest person I know and work with the second silliest person that I know. I am constantly laughing. It never stops and I LOVE it!

Seven: Reading: I am always reading a book and honestly, I prefer it to telly or cinema. I go on the most amazing adventures when I read. Characters are created through me and a whole new life is lived there. The power of imagination is glorious. Truly my most favorite hobby.

Eight: Creating-I am at my most happy place when I am creating art, music, painting, decorating cakes, taking pictures or just doing something in a creative outlet. The process of planning, creating and completing keep me smiling and the end result of giving is even better of a reward.

Nine: Friends: Sometimes they drive me mad, but I love them all. I have the most thoughtful , caring, kind, and loving friends and I love them all.

Ten: Writing-Be it this blog, my journal or music. It's an outlet that I love. I have used it to keep me sane for as long as I can remember.

Ten bloggers that brighten my day:

1. Rabbit (he has already participated..but oh well)

2. Richard! The Bewildered Brit-So clever that man..I heart him.

3. Becky-The PopEye My bloggy crack dealer

4. Rachel at Creative living She keeps me motivated and shhhhhh...I think she's pretty freakin' amazing.

5. Music Memoirs- They keep me writing about the number one thing I love

6. ATC the Music Never has a blog been so perfect for me :)

7. A & M at The Bumbles Blog- They write about movies, music, THE RED SOX, blogging and books. I AM their target audience :)

8. Malcolm at Pop Culture Dish - He always keeps me entertained and he makes a helluva good compilation :)

9. B at Ciste agus Milseáin My baking buddy. She is so talented and creative and thoughtful. Honored to call her my friend and love reading her blog and seeing the new stuff she is creating.

10. Ricky Gervais- Obviously He makes me laugh. Love him.

Thanks for playing and thanks for my award Rabbit :)

xox

post signature

10 comments:

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit January 25, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

Penny, thank you for tagging me! I'm going to think about this for a couple o' days. But I strongly suspect that "tea" will be on my list somewhere. :)

I suspect that, like you and Rabbit, coffee will also be on my list.

Oh I'm such a caffeine addict! :)

Lovely list of things you have!

The Mrs. January 25, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

rickey gervais is hilarious. the ad he did for the golden globes (that was the one right) was hysterical.

coffee.... eh i just dont get it.

Penny January 25, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

Richard-Gotta have coffee on the list :) It's only proper!

Lea-I know it's weird...but true.
And Ricky Gervais..he has the most infectious laughs..hiliarious

The Bumbles January 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

It is an honor to accept this award along with other great bloggers such as Ricky - taught him everything he knows ;0)

I love reading you gush about music. I imagine if you get a few cups of DD in you the excitement kicks up a notch. Some day you will share what you play - yes?

Penny January 26, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

Yes, as soon as become not so lazy and re-record stuff I will post something :)

Rabbit January 26, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

Thanks for the re-love!

BeckEye January 27, 2010 at 1:45 AM  

Why thank you! You brighten my day also. The days I remember to blog and read blogs, that is. (I've been sucking lately.)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™