Crafting Area Redo!

I have been a busy bee this weekend. I have been wanting to redo my craft area. Make it more organized and inspiring. Thankfully I received help, motivation and inspiration from this beauty-ful lady, RACHEL.

We have been photographing and emailing like crazy for ideas and inspirations. I am not finished yet..I still need to drive to Ikea (wayyyy out of town for me) to pick up some items but it's coming together. My wall that my craft area sits is full of Jimmy Eat World Memorabilia..but none of my own art. I never keep things I make..no matter how rad they are. Rachel has inspired me to do something for ME. Something to inspire creativity and to be proud of and to surround myself with it! I love this idea. So after work I have a date with Amber (yup..remember her bloggies??) to go to Michaels and pick up some canvas and other items I need to complete my little project.

I don't want to post the full mess of a wall that is my craft area by fear of embarrassment..but when it is complete I will. Until then..if interested here are a few pics of my progess..


























Storage...all LABELED!!!




















Wall Storage for odds and ends..the Black and white picture boards are going to be replaced with Ikea storage wires for pens, scissors, markers and blue prints :)

ps...Lower left hand corner of pic...Jim and I on New Years :)
















So that's your preview..Below are some pics of that cd/book I was working on forever ago for my Bud Jess as her birthday gift.

cover art: photograph taken by me :) Yes, she plays guitar as well











Dedication page: Followed by (but not pictured: Table of Contents with a track listing)

Each and every page in this book has a song lyric on it. On the corresponding page that lyric is noted. Music is my life so it's incorporated everywhere :) As you can see.
A Cd went with the book, placed on the front cover. Each song on the cd corresponds with a page in the book. The following two photos show a random song/s taken from the book. A line from the song is written at the top in design. The lyrics are hand printed by me. On the left hand side a tiny envelope is featured which contains the Artist name, Title of song, and the REASON I selected this song for the cd.












Throughout there are little break pages with activities. Including a picture album of photos of us over the past few years. This was an excerpt of the game MASH. What girl doesn't like the game MASH?? ha ha.










Also, Do you know what I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE??????


Well I'll tell you... Inexpensive jewelry. The stuff you find in dollar bins or on clearance that is so incredibly cute and stylish. My friends know my so well that lately I have not even had to shop for these items (although I am always looking). Check out this one! It's my new favourite.

(a heart that says: WISH inside).


post signature

6 comments:

briarrose86304 January 12, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

Your space is fab and I can't wait to see what you create for it! Sure to be amazing, just like you.

And I *love* the necklace!

The Bumbles January 12, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

Very inspired. I am a firm believer that the space around you needs to be inspiring in some way to motivate inner creativity. Sounds like a fun project that will lead to lots more cool stuff like that very thoughtful book you made for Jess.

P.S. Is it wrong that I thought the necklace said LUSH and not WISH?

Rabbit January 12, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

Oooooh I am so jealous! I miss my crafty roomy spaces! I hate living in a hotel!

I about died though at all the sharpies... And the hair clip. I found an exact match to that hair clip in one of the drawers here. They must travel.

Penny January 12, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

Bumbs-I have also gotten "Wash" as well.
Although Lush would not fit with me, as I do not like to partake in the alcohol :)

Rabs-I know! I have a million and one of those guys...everywhere...I just leave them random spots so in a pinch I always have one!

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit January 12, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

Ooooh! Organised *and* pretty! What more could you want from a crafty space?

jessie January 12, 2010 at 11:37 PM  

your "wash" necklace bud!!!!
and my book!!! how did you get ahold of that again did you break into my room?

p.s. ikea hot dogs me and you.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™