Play it HERE!
This week's movie topic is all about Action Heroes...
Summer is in full swing and that means it is time for the blockbuster releases. You know, big budget flicks where things get dicey, blow up, burn down, and in the end - saved - by those quintessential action heroes. Here are some that I feel best represent the genre.
Obi Wan Kenobi (old skool and new skool)
He was complete BAD ASSERY.
You know it!
He kicks some serious ass.
He saved Middle Earth folks..come on!!
love, love, love <3
Sunday Stealing: The ABC Meme
A – An advantage you have – I'm amazing
B – Blue or brown eyes - Brown eyes. Gets me every time!
C – Chore you hate- Dish washing
–D – Dad’s name -Dad
–E – Essential start of your day-Coffee!! Strong!
F – Favorite color – Red or Dark Blue
G – Greatest thing you’ve ever done that made you feel really good – Volunteer, give to those who are need.
H – Habit you have – Worry too much about others.
I – Issue you hate that the world tries to make you pursue – I don't pursue anything I don't want.
J – Job title –Accounts. My badge says Compliance Coordinator-BA. This means I have a Bachelors in keeping shit real.
K – Kohls or Target – Target. I never find deals at Kohls. I don't get why everyone swears by it.
L – Living arrangements – A very nice house. May not be big enough for others but it's perfect for me. It's my favourite place in the world. Home.
M – Music you like – I love a little of everything. As long as the lyrics speak to me I am not biased. My most favourite is Jimmy Eat World, of course.
N - Nicknames – You ready for this? Pen, Penna, Pen-pop, Pennalicsous, P, Pennylane, Sweets, Penelope (not my real name),
O – Overnight hospital stay – A few days after I got married. I had a gall bladder attack. It was intense.
P – Pet Peeve – People who are not open minded-who think that just because it's not for them then it's wrong.
Q – Quote that you like most – I have so many. I keep a whole book of them. Here are a few:
"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you" -Pride and Prejudice-Jane Austen
"Yet he was gone. She new it most keenly in the diminshment of her own self" -Edgar Sawtelle
R – Right or left handed – Right
S – Siblings –Frankie
T – Time you wake up –I dabble. 6-ish..6:30
U – Underwear – hmm..it depends..
V – Vegetable you dislike – brussel sprouts
W – What makes you run late – ME. It's a sickness. I am always late. Always.
X – X-rays you’ve had – My wrist in middle school.
Y – Yummy food you make – Cakes!
Z – Zoo animal – Prairie dog. They are my favourite
I can't believe the news of Michael Jackson. He was the King of Pop. Regardless of his personal life for me, it was all about the music. Always. I never stopped being a fan. I have been rocking out to the Thriller album since 1980 and he is a regular on my playlist even to this day. Good music is good music.
I can't take it much longer. I have to complain. My new "office" has my desk facing the back of a giant copy machine/fax/scanner. It is a high traffic area. When someone goes to this machine, because my desk faces its back, guess who is in their direct line of vision?? ME.
So I was asked to make my first cake today for sale. Usually when I am comissioned for a craft I include a card with my logo on it and contact info in case that person wants to pass it on. I have a logo for crafts that I have printed on three different stamps. It's really cute and started as a gift that my friend in NY picked up in a discount bin. It says: A Little Something creating a ring and my sig is in the middle. Like so:
For baking, I was thinking of having a different logo. I want something cute but not redick. Plain, but unique. Yes, I am picky. The cool thing here is that my maiden name was Penny SWEET.
Pun, right?? I know!!! So I designed this little number:
or this guy:
Any ideas or suggestions?? Be honest :) Feedback welcome.
MONDAY MOVIE MEME
This week's movie topic is all about The Movies You'd Most Like To Hang Out In...
Movies transport us to all different times and places and let us live in the minds of the young, the old, as men, as women, famous and imaginary. Sometimes when the lights come up it is hard to leave the world the film just inserted us into. If you could go and hang out in any movie, which would it be? Why? Play it at The Bumbles.
Do you usually wear perfume/cologne? If so, what's your current favorite?
Yes, I have three that I love, love, love. Ralph Lauren Blue for Women, Gap Grass, and Dazzling by Estee Lauder.
Right now I am wearing Grass by Gap since it's more of a spring/summery scent. They don't make it anymore so I have to order it.
What's the last book you've read that you thought was really good? If you don't have one, what looks promising on your to-be-read list? Right now I am re-reading Harry Potter 6 and 7. Even better than the first time through. The last book I read that was amazing was Edgar Sawtelle. Just beautiful that book! My to-be-read list consists of: Shatter by Michael Robotham (it was number one on Stephen Kings must read list) and I am going to re-read Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane because it's been awhile and Scorsese has just made a film version of it with Leo, set to release in October.
Fill in the blank: I wouldn't be caught dead _________. in a store in pajamas. This is the new thing apparently. I couldn't do it.
Sunday Stealing: The Finish The Sentence Meme
1. I've come to realize that my last kiss...was a peck on the cheek
2. I am listening to...Jimmy Eat World
3. I talk...but it takes a long time for me to really open up with a person.
4. I love...music, my guitar, baking, and reading
5. My best friend/s...are non-existant. I do have a lot of really good friends: Ashley, Kim, Jessie, Rus
6. My first real kiss...was with a boy named Marc.
7. Love is... amazing
8. Marriage is... a compromise.
9. Somewhere, someone is thinking... of me. Hopefully.
10. I'll always... be reading a book
11. The last time I really cried was because... of an argument I had.
12. My cell phone...is constantly going off.
13. When I wake up in the morning...I calculate how much time I have to keep hittng snooze.
14. Before I go to bed... I try to daydream something nice in order to keep my mind off of bits that cause insomnia.
15. Right now I am thinking about...making a cake for my co-workers.
16. Babies are...not for me. Not right now.
17. I get on Myspace...very rarely and only if I am alerted I have a message.
18. Today I...took a long nap I will probably regret taking later this evening.
19. Tomorrow I will be...at work and then out to dinner with Ashley and then on to cake class!
20. I really want to be...amazing. At everything. :)
I'm so frustrated with folks this week. I am so sick of "one uppers". Those folks who know someone who does it better, or feel that they can do it better. What happened to just being happy for someone just because?? This is such a foreign concept these days. It's one of those weeks where I would just be better off alone.
Wow, lady. Sorry. I am mistaken. It is wet out. You are excused and free to ram into as many folks as you would like. JACKHOLE.
WTF?? What is wrong with people?
After this ridiculousness I stopped at 711 because I was in need of the Strong Brew and some M&M's. They were out of lids. Problem number one. I slipped when going to the counter. While exiting a man from a construction working truck yelled something at me and howled.
What does this mean? Do men actually howl at women?? I really, really, really need to stop going to 711. I am serious. Something bad always happens.
Mind your manners folks...and I will mind mine.
I baked another practice cake today. We couldn't finish our rainbow cakes in class. It was rushed because the other four people in the class were unprepared. No one read the book, no one brought any supplies so the majority of the time was spent loaning out or passing out Ashley and my own supplies to the others and the instructor baby-ing a 12 year old that likes Ace of Cakes and wanted to take the class to learn. First lesson 12 year old, BRING YOUR SUPPLIES.
So, with this, my rainbow cake was sloppy and rushed. I wanted to work on the new stuff I learned last night so I made a cake with hearts on it so I could practice the zig zag, dots and star tip techniques. This is also the first cake I cut, created a dam and filled. It came out wonderful so I am pretty excited!
Here are some pictures:
Ten on Tuesday! Play it HERE!
10 Things You’d Bring on a Deserted Island
1. My ipod
2. My guitar <3 JA90
3. Lap top with internet connection of sorts. Hey this is hypothetical right?? Well my deserted island has Wifi..back off!
8. Sketch pad
9. Writing utensils for drawing/writing
10. Nintendo DS with a puzzle game :) Maybe that damn Professor Layton and the Curious Village that I am STILL trying to complete. One year later.
You can play here.
1. What is thing nearest to you ? The deposit bag from Friday and my calculator and Amber.
2. What is your ringtone ?Acoustic version of If You Don't, Don't by Jimmy Eat World. My text ringtone is Raindrop Prelude by Chopin
3. What was the last message in your phone inbox ? "are you going to start tweeting?" ha ha ha ha..seriously..
4. Who is your best friend ? I hate when people use the cliche: My Husband. This would have to be true though in my case because as far as the other folks I frequent I would say: I don't really have one. best friend. I have several "good" friends. There is no all encompassing BEST friend.
5. What is the brand of your TV ? Vizio flat screen.
6. What schools did you attend? HGF Elementary, Higdon Elementary, Piccowaxen Middle, La Plata High, College of Southern Maryland, St. Mary's College of Maryland
7. Do you own a MP4 ? I have a few mp4 files from itunes.
8. What song are you listening to now ? How Will I Know by Whiteny Houston. My ipod is on shuffle okay??
9. Did you kiss anybody for the past 2 days ? My hubs, my parents on Saturday
10. Have you ever kissed someone you met in the blogosphere? Umm..no
11. What would you be wanted to call if you weren't your current name ? I like my name. It's unique. I like that. If it had to be different I am partial to the name Eliza.
12. Would you be happy if you have everything ? Probably not. ha ha ha. Grass is always greener folks.
13. Are you always thinking of someone ? Yes
14. Tell us of your most desperate dream ? desperate how?? Like dream, REM dreams? I don't know. They are random.
15. When did you last laugh till you cried ? Probably during The Hangover. Before that during the Timmy episode of Rob Dyrdeks Fantasy Factory. That man makes me cry all the time. He's insane.
16. If you had a crush , would you tell them you love him/her now ? I'm married. This is null and void. If I wasn't married I probably wouldn't. I don't have the stugots to do that sort of thing. *stugots = Italian for balls. In case you were wondering..
17. If you could be anywhere in the world now , where would you want to be ? At a Jimmy Eat World concert. Front and Center.
18. When was your heart last broken? I don't know. Today. Someone let me down. That is always heart breaking.
19. How many email accounts do you have? Just one.
My first practice cake. Just for fun. I took a template design of The White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland and used piping gel to transfer it onto a butter recipe yellow cake.
I noticed a few errors while finishing my first cake.
Number One/A: I need to work on the crumb bit while icing.
Number Two/B: Do NOT over fill parchment bags
Number Three/C: Do not use black piping gel for the transfer..stick with clear and then redraw it. The extra step will make for a better presentation.
Things to keep with: Blue prints and planning. Always good.
Here are a few pics of the process:
practice with star tips on a leftover cupcake
A few life lessons read at a very lovely womans retirement party I attended this evening.
From Maya Angelou
"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.
I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.
I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.
I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back.
I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.
I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.
I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
Today has been insane.
Cake Class Session One was last night. As promised, Amber and I got some grub at the Chick Fil-A and then headed over to class. I felt like we learned so much stuff in two short hours that my brain was going to pop! Thankfully I took notes and we were given a workbook. We went over the three types of icing: it's uses and preparation, colouring icing, how to level/tort a cake, proper baking methods, how to create a dam and add filling to a cake, proper icing procedures to insure no crumbs and a clean canvas for decor,trimming and smoothing icing, parchment paper bags, proper handling and angles of decor bags and homework and supplies for next week.
I forgot to mention my exciting news! Tonight is my first Cake class with Amber!
We have purchased our notebooks and are ready for our first session. There is a big break in between work and the start of class so I think we may hit up some shoe stores and grab some grub prior. Should be a blast. Amber and I always spice it up. So excited!
Awkward situations over the weekend. I think it's my upbringing. Hubs family always throws big get togethers, family, friends and co-workers. I come from the school of thought you separate these folks when possible. Nothing good comes from this, aside from awkwardness.
You can play here.
1. Most hated food: When Hubs fondues steak and shrimp. It's so greasy and the smell makes me sick.
2. Most hated person: Oooooooo Barracuda! *wink*
3. Most hated job: I hated my job when I worked for the state as a social worker for the mentally ill. I didn't like the heavy responsibility for other peoples lives. It was a lot of work, not enough success with your clients and a never ending battle. It shot my nerves to hell.
4. Most hated city: The District when my car is broken into.
5. Most hated band: Bee Gees, Jimmy Buffett are up there. Nickleback, Daughtry, Creed, need I go?
6. Most hated (non-blog) website: Perez Hilton's site.
7. Most hated TV program: The majority of reality telly. Anything on VH1-Rock of Love, Daisy of Love, New York, all of those Housewife shows: Real Housewives of whatever..who really cares?
8. Most hated politician: Can't say I hate any of them.
9. Most hated artist: I love all art. Even if it's not my bag, I still love the expression and emotion of it.
10. Most hated book: I don't really hate any books. I strongly disliked The Shack when I was reading. So much so that I actually stopped reading and have no desire to go back.
11. Most hated shop or store: Verizon store and/or any sports store where I am forced to wait around.
12. Most hated organization: Wow...I don't really have one
13. Most hated historical event: Wow this is debatable
14. Most hated sport: Watching tennis on telly. I love playing. Hate watching.
15. Most hated technology: Faxing. It's so unreliable and redick.
16. Most hated annual event: Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday. I hate the pressure involved to please everyone.
17. Most hated daily task: cleaning the litter boxes
18. Most hated comedian: Not a big fan of that big one...what's his name..Oh, Larry the cable man??
19. Most hated blog: The one that makes me furious yet I continue to read it.
20. Most hated song: Anything by the Bee Gees, Jimmy Buffett, ...see above..
I already posted today but I had to post this because it is so insane. More proof of my clumsiness. Sometimes I amaze myself folks. Amber and I went to grab some lunch and were rushing into our building because it is raining cats and dogs outside. I was walking towards the curb in between two of my co-workers vehicles. For reasons unknown I magically propelled INTO a the parked vehicles side view mirror. I slammed my arm into it pretty hard. Hard enough to bruise.
This was all a random act of clumsiness. I wasn't avoiding anything I just do what I do. I randomly run into things. Hard. Including parked vehicles. Redick.
-It has been raining for three days straight. It's not even like the sprinkled rain it's all out, open the gates of heaven and POUR-rain. I always snicker when people say: "I like the rain".
Ha..I don't mind the rain, I guess, when I am at home, on my sofa, reading a book to the sound of it. Or when I am trying to fall asleep and I can hear it tapping on my skylight. I do mind the rain when I:
number 1/a: have to go out in it and drive with a bunch of idiots who recieved their licenses as a prize from a Cracker Jack box.
number 2/b: It is paired with humidity, which makes for an interesting car ride of menopause
number 3/c: I can't figure out the right temperature to DEfrost my windshield
number 4/d: it gets all over my glasses from walking from car to destination and the contrary.
number 5/e: I have to blow dry my hair only to get it wet again. Frizz city.
The Cold War.
-There is a silent war betwixt a Busy Body at work and KC and I. We can call her Evil Number One (jim reference). I can't get into details here, nor do you, reader, really want to hear this anyway, but I will say KC got the greatest jab in yesterday. One of those comments that are made between two folks and it leaves the other one pondering: Was that an insult??? I am currently unaware if all parties involved are even aware of this silent war but it's definately there.
Let Them Eat Cake.
-After work I am excited because Amber and I are going over to our local A.C. Moore to sign up for cake decorating courses. We need to charter a ferry to get there with all of this rain. See Above ^
Our first class is this coming Monday night and I am hoping to go through all of the courses and I may already have a lady that is going to send clients my way. I would love to do party and wedding cakes on the side on the weekends. Hopefully everything will fall into place.
With this said I just hope this weekend is nice and relaxing and I hope to catch up on some sleep that I have been in serious, serious lack of these past two weeks. Happy Friday everyone.
*ps. Safe Travels Kc. <3
These need to be given out. It has been a day folks...
NOTE: Pictures and names are pseudo and random in order to protect privacy.
Here it Goes.
The Award for the Best Heads Up of the Year goes to.....................
My favourite man with a Ph.D.
Good looking out my friend. ps. I bought him this exact action figure for his desk, only with a stethoscope :)
And the award for Who Does That? Goes to:
My courier. He is like 57 years old and still pisses on my work bathroom seat. Seriously guy..lift the seat. Or better yet, explain how,with 55 years of experience you manage to still NOT get the stream into the bowl without hitting the seat.
The Award for Most Random Thing Found Saran Wrapped in My Work Kitchen goes to:
One single hot dog-individually wrapped
One single bun- individually wrapped
A cheese stick-wrapped
Three packages of mustard-sadly, not wrapped
Three cucumbers. Unsliced or peeled- Individually wrapped.
*cucumbers not pictured.
The Award for Funniest Reason For Coming to See the Doctor THIS Week:
"Squid juice in eye"
And last but not least important.........
The Award for Biggest Jackhole goes to:
The patient who told me that I talk to much and he just has one question he needs answered and if I ever shut up he could ask it.
Thanks For Playing Folks.