Sunday Stealing: The Monkey's Meme
play it here..
1. Name one person who made you smile today: Robbie
2. What were you doing at 8am this morning? sleepy time
3. What were you doing 45 minutes ago? HA...wouldn't you like to know??
4. What is your favorite candy bar? Reese Cups, or M&M's. Neither is technically a "bar" but I love them.
5. Have you ever been to a strip club? No I have not. "nojudgement" -Miranda Sex And the City.
6. What was the last thing you had to drink? Coke Zero chilled to perfection
7. What was the last thing you ate? 98% Fat free turkey from Oscar Myer with 2% American Cheese on Double Fiber Light Wheat Bread and an 100 Calorie snack pack of Party Mix.
8. The last sporting event you watched? Willingly?? Red Sox game. Just now, I had to watch some of the French open. My hubs likes anything on telly with a score board.
9. Do you go to church every Sunday? No but my hubs does.
10. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza? Yes I do. Number Four with steamed rice!
11. What are you doing tomorrow? Working, doctors appointment and probably going to get Number four for dinner.
12. What do you think of when you hear Australia? Joeys and Heath Ledger
13. Biggest annoyance right now? Hmm...see my post from two days ago
14. Last song listened to? Raindrop Prelude by Chopin. It's my text message ringtone.
15. Do you have a maid service clean your house? yes, it's me :)
16. Are you jealous of anyone? Not OF them, per se, I am jealous of what they covet. grrrrrrrrrrrr
17. Is anyone jealous of you? I don't know. Probably not.
18. What do you usually do during the day? Work in maths.
19. Do you hate anyone that you know right now? Ha ha..hate is a strong word. I strongly dislike several people.
20. Are you thinking about someone right now? Yes, always.
Sunday Stealing: The Monkey's Meme
These have just stuck the past week or so :)
I miss the sound of your voice
I miss the rush of your skin
I miss the still of the silence
As you breathe out and I breathe in
If I could walk on water
If i could tell you whats next
Make you believe
Make you forget
Come on get high
Loosen my lips
Faith and desire
And the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in
I miss the sound of your voice
The loudest thing in my head
And I ache to remember
All the violent, sweet, perfect words that you said
If I could walk on water
If I could tell you whats next
Make you believe
Make you forget
I miss feeling the pull of your heart
I miss tasting the sparks on your tongue
I see angels and devils and god
when you come on Hold on Hold on, hold on, hold on
Because everything works love
Because everything works in your arms
you've got the look
you've got me hookedshor-
nuff do be cookingin my book
your face is jammin'
your bodys hecck-a-slammin
if love is good
lets get to rammin
you've got the look
I spotted you dancin'
You made all the girls stare
Those lips and your brown eyes
And your sexy hair
What would it take for you to just leave with me
Not trying to sound conceited but me and you were meant to be
I am sick today. I take zyrtec everyday. I am one of those "Paul Pfieffer" (Wonder Years Reference...if you don't get it..you don't get it) types..allergic to all outside living organisms. The pollen and Bull Shit count have been elevated as of recent so naturally it has finally overcome. Last night during my run/workout I started feeling ridiculously sluggish and my head felt like I had one of those fever headaches. I was so fatigued last night. I mean, normally, yes, I am fatigued after running and working out for over an hour but not like this. It's a good, strong fatigue that I look forward to. This was that sick, I-just-don't-want-to-do-anything-but-lay-here-and-die-tiredness. I managed to make it in to work today, late, but I'm here. My lovelies at work have been baby-ing me. KC made me some amazing coffee, Snack got me a cold compress, Amber has looked in on me a few times and James has been liberal with hugs.
Few items of interest here today:
I have such bad luck when purchasing M&M's and coffee. I am almost sure that my end will be because of coffee and M&M's. I am so very clumsy and I always have a "bella moment" (kc) when I am purchasing these items..I've blogged about it several times in the past..here and here and here. So with this said:
I was very excited to receive my prize from Jimmy e.w. Board when I found it was this:
Thank you <3>
In other news..long weekend. It was great. I got some spring cleaning done in my home office. I got to finally disposing of a bunch of stuff just collecting dust and I can see the top of my craft table again. Now that it's all shiny and new I want to do some serious crafting :) I have a few ideas I am tossing around in my head. I just need victims to send the stuff to. If I kept all of my crafts my house would be a MESS. I see something I want to try and I have to find a good recipient for it because I don't want to keep it, I just want to make it. Spread the joy, you know <3.>
I am not a Star Trek fan. At all. I have actually never, ever seen a Star Trek episode or film in all of my 28 years of life. Through high school and college I worked as a floor manager of Suncoast Motion Picture Co. so I worked around Star Trek stuff and we had a lot of Trekkie's come in the store looking for stuff. I just never got around to watching it. I am a HUGE Star Wars fan so I didn't feel the need to introduce the other space movies. Since this new Star Trek film has been released the trailer for it has caught my attention. It looks so bad assery. I wanted to see it right away even though I knew nothing about the show and/or story. It was perfect because this film is like a prequel so I could just start from scratch. I finally got around to going to see it on Saturday and it was AMAZING!! I love, love, loved it! I actually want to see it a second time before it leaves the cinema. My favourite was Mr. Spock. He is one B.A. M.F. :)
I mean hello?? Vulcan grip, mind melding, a serious attitude and an even more serious right hook...That guy is Danga!! *sigh*
Music Memoir! Please play here! I love this meme!
Tuesday Tunes: Week 83
A little meme game this week I've seen floating around but with a twist:
Pick one artist you like: Of course...Jimmy Eat World
1. The first song you heard by this band: Lucky Denver Mint
2. Your favorite song by this band. If You Don't Don't would have to be my all time favourite
3. One song you can't stand by this band: Can't stand?? Hmm...that's harsh. One I am not particularly fond of is: Gotta Be Somebody's Blues from Chase This Light. Everything else is GOLD.
Then on over at Ten on Tuesday: Play HERE!
Ten Celebrities You're Tired Of:
10. Octo-Mom...really Who gives a flying fuck folks??? Seriously?
9. John and Kate Plus 8. Again...don't care and how are you famous??
8. Lindsay Lohan'ss sexuality and/or Adam Lambert's sexuality. Does this matter? It's 2009.
7. Hannah Montana
6. Anyone from the "reality" show The Hills
5. Jennifer Ansiten. Always and Forever. Enough already.
4. Kim Kardashian
3. The true story of Anvil. They run this freaking ad non stop on Music tv.
2. Jessica Simpson..just go away..
1. Palin and/or Palin family members.
So I just a marriage proposal and the most bizarre reason that a patient would come in to the doctors. From time to time I will put up a funny reason for patients coming in to see the doctor. I posted a whole list of them HERE back in February. So for additions I just give the winner their own post.
Today I came across this reason: *I did NOT alter this in anyway. All words are taken directly from the fee ticket."patient believes she has vertigo caused by 3D movie"
Another funny patient story: When speaking to an older gentleman patient about his account and payments. He was pretty witty but I kept up with him and I was incredibly charming myself, I must say. After our converstaion he said this:
Patient: " What is your name darling?"
Me: Penny, like the money.
Patient: Well Penny, I don't normally thank people when I have to pay them but you are a sweet heart. So thank you.
Me: Well thank you. I try but it comes naturally.
Patient: *laughs* You know, I like you Penny. If my wife ever breaks up with me consider me and you pre-engaged!
Me: Well, it appears you can pay your own bills, so consider it a deal!
So watch out fellas, I got a new man :) ha ha
MY FAVOURITE MEME! Music Memoirs..Stop by HERE!
Top 5 artists/albums/songs etc that you wouldn't have known if not for a friend. (This can be a combination of all three if you'd like)
Tuesday Tunes: Week 82
Play it HERE! You won't regret it!
Its time for a fun little game of 5 and 10. Pick 10 of your favorite artists and list 5 songs they do that you like(sorry for making this so vague last night)
1. Jimmy Eat World - This is hard because my favorites are constantly changing. Except for one..see (a)
a. If You Don't Don't
c. No Sensitivity
2. Go Big Casino <3
a. So Proud of You
c. Carry You
d. Two Serenades
e. Richmond Again
a. El Scorcho
b. Across the Sea
c. Say It Ain't So
e. The World Has Turned and Left Me Here
a. Stockholm Syndrome
b. Time is Running Out
c. Sing For Absolution
d. Supermassive Black Hole
e. Muscle Museum
a. Flowers in the Window
b. All I Wanna Do Is Rock
c. My Eyes
d. Blue Flashing Light
6. Frightened Rabbit
b. Good Arms vs. Bad Arms
c. The Twist
d. Keep You Warm
a. Might As Well Be Strangers
b. Nothing In My Way
c. Bad Dream
d. Hamburg Song
e. Is It Any Wonder?
8. Death Cab For Cutie
a. Follow You Into the Dark
b. Soul Meets Body
c. Grapevine Fires
d. What Sara Said
e. Crooked Teeth
9. The Format
a. Tune Out
b. Mess To Be Made
c. On your Porch
d. Pick Me Up
10. The Killers
a. Andy, You're A Star
b. All The Pretty Faces
c. For Reasons Unknown
d. My List
e. Jenny Was A Friend of Mine
Manic Monday #168
If you could completely redecorate any room in your house at no expense to you, what room would you choose? My kitchen. I would like new cabinets and countertops. It's the only thing we didn't replace upon moving in.
Which hour of the day do you feel goes the slowest? two-three o'clock hour. It always takes forever.
If your birthday could be in a different month of the year, when would you have it? I like September :) I'll keep mine!
Wowzas..What a Monday!
Number One/A: There is no Manic Monday prompt this morning so I am feeling a little off kilter.
Number Two/B: My buddy is absent from work.
Number Three/C: My weekly appointment is moved to tomorrow. Change makes me anxious.
Number Four/D: I came in and some gals from up front began implementing the whole "We are going to use the only scanner in this whole GI-MONGOUS office-which is strategically placed at your desk". This means I have to pack up all my shit and find an empty space to work at. A desk that is not currently being occupied by one of my lover-ly co-workers. This sucks because I have to pack the following items in order to function properly:
1/a: Ipod (yes, I list it first. It's true)
2/b: TI-83 (if you don't know what this is you should. Go..google..Now..)
3/c: Bank Bags and collected Money and payments.
4/d: All tickets from Friday
7/g: scrap paper/stickies
8/h: For Deposit Only stampie
9/i: Deposit slips
10/j: File folders for organization
11/k: pens one black ink, one red ink
12/l: rubber fingertip
13/m: mobile phone
14/n: My In-Box for organizing
15/o: Fast coders for medical coding
16/p: White out
17/q: coffee in my Barack Obama 711 special edition coffee cup
Yuppers, I think this sums it up. I have found an empty spot in this old abandoned lab that they are eventually going to do construction on, next to a high traffic employee loo. It's a computer that is on a shelf, with an really uncomfortable chair and is surrounded with boxes and abandoned junk that no one has gotten around to throwing away. The other really, really, really shitty part. (sorry, needed to emphasize that point) I do not have an effin printer in my little cub space. When this place was operational a printer was installed on this side. So now, I get to walk around and beg folk to let me quickly print all my reports for the day...God forbid I need to correct a number (ha ha..yeah, this NEVER happens in accounts *sarcastic*) because then I will need a reprint and thus begins the madness again!
The only plus side to this whole clusterfuck is that it is dark over here and no one really speaks to me and I don't have to concentrate so hard on blocking out the operator chatter. With this said: I think I may grow to like it here.
Sunday Stealing! Play it HERE!
Sunday Stealing: The 29'er Meme
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?College loans
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? Every dinner is romantic. That's how I roll.
3. How many colleges did you attend? Two. Community College and then transferred to an Honors College.
4. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? I am going to do my 4 mile work out as soon as I finish this and I have designated "working it out" shirts.
5. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? It's Sunday, no alarm.
6. Last thought before going to sleep last night? Jim on a plane. Seriously. I hate planes.
7. What do you miss about being a child? I am pretty much still a child through and through so I don't miss much.
8. What errand/chore do you despise? I hate cleaning the hard wood floors in my house. It's such a task.
9. Have you found real love yet? Yes, hasn't everyone in one way or another?
10. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart? Coke Zero
11. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? No, I used to think it was where everyone should end up but in my "work in progress" personality, I think that everyone should do whatever they do as long as they are happy. If you are happy, I am happy for you. That is so RAD to me.
12. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? Jim Adkins
13. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? Ha ha ha..no but I do a mean demonstration during OSHA training.
14. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go? The KROQ festival. Yesterday. At 7:10 exactly.
15. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship? Wowzas...neither. Change makes me anxious.
16. Do you have a “go to” person? I am the "go to" person. Always. I wish I had a "go to" person.
17. Are you where you want to be in life? Realistically? Yes.
18. Over the years, what about you do you think has changed the most? Judging people for stupid reasons. Judging because they don't share my morals and values. To each their own. I feel so much better since I have dropped this.
19. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life? No way. They were not horrid but they weren't the best years of my life.
20. Are there times you still feel like a kid? All day, everyday.
21. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager? Usually at my friend James house because no one was ever home. Or Lee's house for band practice.
22. Who do you think impacted your life the most? I can't really say one person.
23. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you? Does this mean like my favorite teacher? I would say Mrs. Warren in High School. She taught AP History and Psychology/Sociology and I took her again for Family Law. She was a great teacher. Amazing lady. Then in college: Dr. Dougie (aka Doug Billings). He was a young guy who had worked as a therapist and research psychologist and decided to take up teaching at St. Mary's College. I had him for Personality my first semester there and he taught the hardest class I ever took. We also ended up getting on so well and he was so incredibly smart, challenging and interesting I took every class he taught: Abnormal Psych. , Human Sexuality and Bio Psych.
24. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”? Hmm..not yet.
25. What is the scariest thing that has happened to you as an adult? Realizing life is a cycle of work, chores, bills and finding some time to fit some things you like in middle.
26. What advice would you give to someone about to get married? Don't lose yourself. It's okay to still be you.
27. What advice would you give someone starting their first job? Good luck
28. If you could go back and change one thing you did, what would it be? I would take a road trip with friends. To no where in particular. Just for the hell of it. I never did that. It makes me sad that I didn't. Or just have gone to see my friend in NY by myself. Never did that either.
29. If you could go back and change one thing someone else did, what would it be? I don't know. I can't think of anything. I can only speak for myself.
Play it here!
Manic Monday #167
How old were you when you learned to tie your shoes? I can not remember.
Have you ever snooped in somebody else's medicine cabinet? No, I don't get the fascination with this. I don't care enough to snoop anywhere.
Who do you think you are? I'm fucking amazing. You don't even know!!
You can play here.
1. What is on the walls of your room? The room I am currently in is my home office. The wall that is in front of my crafting desk has the most stuff. Here it goes:Four large framed posters of Jimmy Eat World, some framed artwork of Jimmy Eat World, some other memorabilia of Jimmy e.w., blue print holders for crafting and a supply holder for odds and ends that is mounted above my crafting desk. Other walls: A framed poster of movie poster Stir of Echoes autographed by Kevin Bacon (met him at a gig) and a giant framed poster of Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump, because that is my all time most favourite movie.
2. What type of music do you listen to? I love anything and everything. I am more of a lyric person. If the lyrics speak to me then I am going to listen. My genre of choice is mostly singer/songwriter types. Alternative non-mainstream bands and of course, Jimmy Eat World.
3. What do you want more than anything right now? A weeks vacation from work.
4. Do you get scared in the dark? Not unless I have a bad dream. I have sleep issues and usually end up having wacky nightmares at least once a week where I am frightened when I wake in the middle of the night.
5. What's you worst fear? Conformity
6. If you could do anything right now, what would it be? Is this limitless?? ...hmm..I would be road tripping to another state (state doesn't matter) to watch a Jimmy e.w. gig, front row.
7. What’s the meaningful gift that you’ve received? I don't know. These are so under rated these days. Probably a mixed cd.
8. Do you have a crush? What do you think?
9. Who is your favorite celebrity? ha ha.. JIM ADKINS..please see question 8 ^
10. Could you fall in love with someone that you know must leave? I think that you can't help who you fall in love with. It just happens. So with this said: Yes.
11. Share a favorite quote of yours. Oh, I have SO many..I have a whole journal of them..as of recent:
"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you" -Pride and Prejudice-Jane Austen. *sigh*
"If he does not come to me, then, I shall give him up forever". -Pride and Prejudice
"Do you know what this is? Its my heart and it's broken. Can you feel it?" -Great Expectations
12. What’s your weakness? music
13. Do you believe that we all have a soul mate? Yes, I think everyone has several. Not just one and it does not rely on gender or sexuality.
14. What were you doing before Sunday Stealing? Watched The Soup with Joel Mchale that I DVR'ed from last night and then watched a re-run of Sex and the City.
15. What do you get complicated about the most? Life, Sleep
16. What turns you off the most from a potential partner? Being close minded. Hair that longer than my own, long fingernails.
17. What is you worst habit? Probably smoking and focusing on the negative so it drowns out the present.
18. When was the last time that you were jealous? ha ha ha...today. Everyday..maybe I should have listed this on question 17.
19. Have you ever had a “friend with benefits”? I refer to these relationships as "mind fucks". I think my longest high school relationship was just that. A mind fuck.
20. Do you use sarcasm? No..not at all.
21. At the moment, what’s you favorite song? No Sensitivity by Jimmy Eat World or Poke by Frightened Rabbit.
22. What is you favorite day of the year? I don't know. I don't have one.
23. Describe your love life. Married.
24. When was your last one night stand? Never.
25. How many past lovers are too many? To each their own. No judgement.
If you love music you should seriously check out this blog and play HERE!
Top 5 On Friday: Week 221
Top 5 songs that your mother likes
I am so very clumsy. I never thought so until as of late when a friend (*cough, cough* KC) started pointing out my faults as they happened. Now that I aware, I am pretty freaking clumsy. It is actually redick how clumsy I am. I feel like an accident waiting to happen. I see situations and I just know they have bad news written all over them. I get so very frustrated by my clumsiness as well but how does one remedy this?
Some examples are in order. From this week:
I stopped at 711 on the way home from work. It was chilly and rainy so I was feeling a 16 oz coffee and some peanut M&M's. I park on the side of the building. Walk in to 711 and wipe my feet with haste on the rug at the entrance. First step onto the tile: WHOA...slip..I did not fall but I slipped. I heart my New Balance Shoes. They are incredibly comfortable and insanely cute and stylish but they SUCK at tread. I am always slipping about and that is not good for someone who already has issues standing without falling.
After my slipping incident I proceed to get coffee unscathed. I pay and walk to my car. I run into the door frame on the door on the way out (no particular reason..I am just clumsy) just as I hit my car remote to unlock I drop my wallet and my M&M's in a large puddle. I gasped and retrieved them quickly and went on drying them with napkins from my glove box. After drying I went back to the drivers side to enter my car and hit my head on the door while sitting. After sitting I took a sip of coffee. My lid was not on properly. I felt an intense burning sensation on my chest. I look down and I had spilled some coffee there. Madness.
Yesterday I found a large bug in my kitchen. I picked it up in a napkin to dispose of it and it moved. I screamed and dropped it and then proceeded to put it in the trash bin. About five minutes later I found said bug crawling up the side of the bin! I was terrified so I took the liner outside to the outside trash bins. Upon stepping onto my side porch I slipped (again with the New Balance). My left leg slipped forward throwing me into the porch railing.
Today, while talking to KC I went to lay my head on her door frame and was moving a little too quick and ended up banging my head! As she was laughing I came over to give her a smack for doing so and tripped on her feet.
Who knows what the weekend will bring...Stay tuned.
Super busy today, no time to post. I have to leave work early and take one of my babies to the vet. So in honor of being consistent and to give me a perfect opportunity to post a picture, here it goes:
Finished part one of Alices Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I read this in high school for fun but wanted to revisit it since it is a big favourite of mine. It's funny when going back how much you miss in the first read through. I see so much of myself in Alice. A child trying to find herself, forced to grow up in a world of mad but not really wanting to grow up just wanting to make sense of it all.
"my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved....I can live only wholly with you or not at all...ever thine, ever mine, ever ours"
Meet my ipod. I heart it so <3
Please note: My case protection also serves as a pick holder :) I am never without my ipod and you never know when you are going to misplace your pick so it's come in super handy. For Guitar players and Smokers: Picks are like lighters..they disappear quickly when among other players/smokers. It's best to label.
In case you are wondering: JA is the name of my guitar. It's a Fender Tele JA 90 (as in Jim Adkins). I had it on order for a month before it's relase date and during that time I called it JA until I could meet him and give him a proper name. When I FINALLY got him, JA just kind of stuck. I couldn't change it then.
Found in Borders :)
My favourite Meme site Music Memoirs is HERE
Tuesday Tunes: Week 80
Music and Travel