"Santa Can You Hear Me? I Have Been So Good This Year"



Found this on this amazing new blog I stumbled upon Redhead Dancing.

"Hey, I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of.." Sorry, David Cassidy moment.

Anywho...I am still trying to find my Holiday spirit so I decided to complete this in hopes..I'll let you know by the end...
What is your favorite Christmas movie? It's a three way tie. *cue Britney...1, 2, 3*
It's a Wonderful Life, Elf and Home Alone. I have to watch all three every year.

What is your LEAST favorite Christmas movie? Sorry folks, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. I was never into it when I was a young lass so I feel like I missed that train. Same with A Christmas Story.
I hear the gasping all the way in Merryland.
What is your favorite Christmas song? Probably Last Christmas. The cover by Jimmy Eat World. It's so poppy. Also, Santa Bring My Baby Back-Elvis

What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy? Feliz Navidad, Chestnuts Roasting On an Open Fire-I have a bad, bad memory of this song being sang, over and over and over (at the top of his lungs) by this annoying old man when I worked at Suncoast. This among other things made me want to shove my head in the register and bang it shut repeatedly.

What is your favorite Christmas memory? Christmas with my grandparents and whole family.

What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas? Crystal Castle complete with almost all of the She-Ra figures. Bad Assery.

What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas? I hate to say worst. It's really the thought that counts. Although I did get a used/dusty/NON working dust buster two holidays ago from Aunt Jan. Thanks Aunt Jan.

What do you LOVE about the holidays? Christmas lights, Cold weather and hot coffee, taking care of things early so I can enjoy it peacefully.

What annoys you about the holidays? This year? Everything. More specifically, Obligations. I wish it were more genuine.

Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? We use a decorative ribbon on our tree. We never bothered to purchase an angel or a star. The ribbon just kind of stuck.

What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas? That would have to be the Airing of Grievances that takes place each year at my In-laws....
-One part-dirty looks
***Wait for Three hours to begin festivities for no reason other than to make loaded jokes and pretend we all like each other.
Pass each gift one hundred and eighteen times around a circle to try and guess what it is..this makes festivity last about four hours.

Add Five rounds of cocktails and drunken stupors
-Six awkward feelings.
-Seven snarky remarks.
- To properly finish this off: Even though you are the last to leave..you are still the asshole.

Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I need to schedule this for this year. Each year I like to pick a night and drive around Maryland to look at the lights with friends and Hubs.

Santas at the mall - Fun times or Creepy? Kind of creepy

Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no? Yes. I usually hand make them but this year I was incredibly lazy. I only made like 5 and quit. I also only send to folks that send. May sound shitty..but lots of folks are not into the whole snail mail thing.

What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion? Hanging out with Family

What is the worst thing about Christmas? Obligation

Out of the 12 Days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your true love to give to you? I don't know...8 maids a milking. Then they can proceed to clean my house and grocery shop for me.

Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer? It's that smart mouth of hers!!

Who is your favorite reindeer? I don't have one. They are all kind of cute.
Do you believe in Santa Claus? No, the cats out of the bag.

What is your favorite smell at Christmastime? Scotch tape. Seriously.

What would make you happy at Christmas this year? No stress. Just hanging out.

1 comments:

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit December 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Scotch tape?

Not pine needles or hot cider?

That's kind of cool, actually. :)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™