Music Memoirs Word Association!

Play it Here:

Let's do a winter word association, music style: I give you some words and you tell me the artist, song etc that you first think of.

snowflake:Honestly?? A Few of My Favourite Things by Julie Andrews. Sound of Music
bitter: Bittersweet Symphony-The Verve
cold: Cold Dark World-Weezer (speaking of Weezer...WTF Rivers?? :( Poor dear-black ice, the jaws of life, broken ribs and internal damages. Get well soon )
snuggle: Screaming Infidelities-Dashboard Confessional
kind: Trouble-Pearl Jam
tree: 12-23-95 - Jimmy Eat World
dark: Dark Shines-Muse
long: Long Way Down-Travis
candy: Candy Girl-New Edition
special: Special-Garbage

3 comments:

BeckEye December 8, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

snowflake: "Suzy Snowflake," an old Christmas tune
bitter: "Bittersweet Symphony," The Verve
cold: "The Cold," The Bogmen
snuggle: "Happy Together," The Turtles
kind: "Kind of Woman," Stevie Nicks
tree: "In My Tree," Pearl Jam
dark: "I Will Follow You Into the Dark," Death Cab For Cutie
long: "Long Time," Boston
candy: "I Want Candy," Bow Wow Wow
special: "The Warrior," Scandal (This is actually because of a funny misheard lyric by my sister.)

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit December 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

Hmmm.

Bitter makes me think of Sing Another Song, Boys by Leonard Cohen.

Candy makes me think of Lullaby by The Cure.

And I think I'll stop there before I start sounding too emo! :D

The Bumbles December 9, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

Damn - Andy's out of town - this is totally his cuppa. Oh well, you get me instead...

Snowflake = Frosty The Snowman
Bitter = Bittersweet - Big Head Todd & The Monsters
Cold = Four Seasons - Vivaldi
Snuggle = Blue Sky - Allman Bros. Band
Kind = Imagine - John Lennon
Tree = O Christmas Tree - Charlie Brown et al
Dark = The Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson
Long = It's A Long Way To Tipperary (although now that I think of it, Andy certainly would have said It's A Long Way To the Top if You Want to Rock & Roll by AC/DC)
Candy = Candy - Iggy Pop
Special = Hold on Loosely - 38 Special

I'm all over the map. And ashamed to share some of those nuggets nudging their way out of my grey matter into this meme response!!!

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™