"It's a Love Story Baby Just Say Yes.."

I am still without a book. I need to order something. I had some wonderful suggestions from my bloggy pals it's just finding the right fit. Do you ever read something really intense and then feel you have to find a good follow up book? I just read three novels by Dan Chaon, I can't follow that up with just anything....he's intense.

So in my desperation to find a book I found two things:
Number one/a: The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters. It was on Stephen Kings Best Book of 09 list. It was number one and the description sounds really interesting. Anyone familiar??

Number two/b: The BOOK BUDDY. Sweet love of Ray J..
I NEED this in my life.
It's a pillow that holds your book (soft or hard cover) in place. I read all the time. My favourite time to read is right before I turn the light off before bed and it's kind of uncomfortable. Especially if you have a giant hard back book you are trying to maneuver. I was poking about on The Bumbles Blog and I found a link to a link to a link..and seconds later I arrived at Dreadlocked Girl Reads. A blog devoted to mostly reading. I was browsing about and I found THIS. Dreadlocked Girl can sew so she put her own spin on the book buddy. Only hers is way more rad! It has a ribbon bookmark in the center and two pockets..one for your eyewear and one for pens/pencils. I simply love this.

Bollocks..I should have taken up sewing....

Anyone else have a cool find??
blog title-taylor swift

2 comments:

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit December 17, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

I haven't read The Little Stranger, but Sarah Waters is an exceptionally good writer. I wouldn't hesitate recommending one of her books.

And I really want the book buddy too! How cool is that?

The Bumbles December 23, 2009 at 12:53 AM  

Wow - thanks for introducing me to the link from a link from a link from me! DRG sounds like a cool blog.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™