"Don't Worry..Bout a Thing..Cause Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright.."

I'm sitting in my pajamas playing Bob Marley "Three Little Birds" on my guitar. I am about to serenade my husband, who is currently having a fondue (not even joking right now) in our living room while watching some random sporting event, with "Wonderwall" by Oasis. Figured I would give my fingers a rest and tell you a little about my weekend.

This weekend I sat in line for fuel for twenty minutes and ran errands that normally take me an hour tops, for a total of three. Mass panic in Maryland. We had a snow storm. Actually it started snowing Friday evening..right after I was safely tucked in to my house and did not stop snowing until about 2 am this morning. Leaving us with about 14 inches of snow. Last night, while snowing I shoveled a path down our porch and around my vehicle. Today Hubs and I shoveled the whole drive. Is it odd that I love, love, love to shovel snow?? It is such a great work out! I love cold weather and it's great for muscle building and cardio..all in one.
Well, we had a great time goofing off while shoveling. Afterwards we came in to watch some Extras on dvd (Rick Gervais, I heart you) and then I started playing this here guitar.

I have received a few calls about the status of the roads in my county and the surrounding. My Hubs, who teaches high school maths has informed me that his school has already cancelled Monday and Tuesday. Giving him two extra days on to his Christmas holiday. A few friends have called to say that the roads are horrid still in the town I work in and mostly in the middle bit I have to drive through. My own neighborhood roads are still pretty nasty. Although it is just Sunday and I am sure by tomorrow they will have done so much more to make it easier for commuting to work. I am thinking I may just call out. I had a horrid scare the last time this happened. People were driving off the road and sliding into one another everywhere. I live an hour away from work so it's stressful times. We don't get a lot of snow in Md so this makes for idiot drivers and people who don't know how to handle such weather. So I am taking full responsibility of this stereotype. I don't like and probably don't drive well in the snow.

My dilemma..I always feel horrid for calling out. I don't know why. Even when I am sick. I could brave this mess and suck it up but I really don't want to deal with it. Why do I have a conscious??

post signature

*title-three little birds/bob marley

4 comments:

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit December 21, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

I hate, hate, hate driving in the snow, so I totally hear you.

It sounds like the drivers in snow round there are like the drivers in Southern California when it rains. Of course, snow is a leetle bit more forgivable than a tiny shower!

BTW You wrote "maths" not "math". I thought that was just a British thing. Do people over in them there parts usually say "maths"?

Penny December 21, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Ha ha..I can only imagine. I didn't chance it. Hopefully tomorrow it will be cleaned up a bit more.

I think I am the only one to use the term maths, other than my husband. He teaches more than one type of math so technically it is Maths. :)

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit December 21, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

You and your husband would be welcomed to Britain with open arms! People get really confused over there as to why Americans "drop the s from maths"! :)

Penny December 21, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

Why thank you Richard :)

ha ha..I have A LOT of close friends from the UK that I have met through Jimmy Eat World. I talk with most of them on a daily basis and I've had a few come to stay for weeks at a time here.
I always get shit for spelling things "incorrectly" or saying things improper. ha ha...so it's habit now...

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™