What Are You On About??









You know the age old question/conversation starter/hypothetical: If you are at a friends house using the loo, do you have a look in their medicine cabinet?


Well what's the answer folks?
For me, I just don't get it..My answer: No. I honestly don't care to know.
I have a hard time working around people who do. Gossip, talk, Bull shit, and speculation..really folks?


I am a relatively private person. I don't really "talk" to anyone. Even my closest friends, I can quite honestly say, don't really know me. I just have a hard time really trusting people, letting people in, letting people help me. It goes back to that legendary quote from The Catcher in the Rye: Holden Caulfield said: "Don't ever tell anyone anything, if you do, you start missing everybody". I feel this is true. To divulge, is to open up, to open up is to get shit on. Simple enough.



Enough of my pity party, the point of this was to discuss privacy. Secrets. The sacred.
If my best friend left her diary sitting next to me I wouldn't even think twice.
If I were in anyone's loo I wouldn't look in their cabinets.
If a neighbor of mine came to the office where I work I wouldn't even fathom to look or peek as to WHY.



I just operate under the notion that if that person wanted to divulge information to me and trusted me enough to know this information, then said person would tell me. Other than that I don't care to know.



Am I alone in this? Is nothing sacred any more?


3 comments:

The Bumbles November 4, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

I'm a nosy Bumble. I would totally look in your medicine cabinet. And then it would be like in that Southwest Commercial - wanna get away? When the lady is snooping around in one and the shelf breaks and everything comes crashing down? Yup. That would happen to me. Which is why, as tempting as it is - I hold back. And knowing that others might not resist the urge, I always make sure our cabinets contain nothing that a gossip could run with ;0)

The Mrs. November 4, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

When I first saw the question about using a friends loo I thought it was going to be about whether or not to poop. I dont get the looking in the medicine cabinet. But then again I'm paranoid that they are thinking I'm spending too much time in there or something. Quite frankly I just try to avoid using the loo in someones house.

B November 4, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

I'm with you on this, but you knew that. ;)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™