"Sing it Back Softly.."

Happy Monday!
Was updating my quote book last night and I felt the need to share a few of my favourites. To my readers (hahaha...as if I have a ton) What are your favourites??


"There's no point to any of this. It's all just a... a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes. So I take pleasure in the details. You know... a quarter-pounder with cheese, those are good, the sky about ten minutes before it starts to rain, the moment where your laughter becomes a cackle... See, this is all we need. A couple of smokes, a cup of coffee, and a little bit of conversation. You and me and five bucks."
-Reality Bites

"If everything I meant to you, You can lick and seal then fold in two then I've been so blind....You said you'd never have regrets Jesus! Is there someone yet who got that wish? Did you get yours? Babe?" -Jim Adkins





"And did you get what you wanted from this life, even so? I did. And what did you want? To call myself beloved, to feel myself beloved on the earth. " -Raymond Carver


"Woke up this morning with a terrific urge to lie in bed all day and read. " -Raymond Carver

"You gave me nothing now its all I got..You ask me to enter and then you make me crawl, but I can't keep holding on to what you got, when all you got is hurt" -Bono

"Is not general incivility the very essence of love?"-Pride and Prejudice-Jane Austen

"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you"-Pride and Prejudice-Jane Austen

"If he loved you with all the powers of his puny being, he couldn't love as much in eighty years, as I could in a day"-Bronte-Wuthering Heights

"I have not broken your heart-you have broekn it-and in breaking it you have broken mind"
-Wuthering Heights

"He is more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
-Wuthering Heights

"I was born when you kissed me. I died when you left me. I lived a few weeks while you loved me." -Humphrey Bogart

"Do you know what this is? It is my heart and it's broken..Can you feel it?"
-Great Expectations

"I have built my entrie life around loving music and I surround myself with it. I'm always racing to catch up on my next favourite song. But I never stop playing my mixes. Every Fan makes them. The times you lived through, the people you shared those times with. Nothing brings it all to life like an old mix tape. It does a better job of storing up memories than actual brain tissue can do. Every mix tape tells a story. Put them together and they add up to the story of a life" -Rob Sheffield

"I wasted all your precious time. I wasted it all on you"
-Rob Sheffield

"What if you believed that everything in life was like a prize? What if you thought of the world as a big random drawing, and you were always winning things, the world offering them up with a big grin, like an emcee's: Here you go, Hollis. Here is a motorcycle. Here is a little boy who loves you. Here is a weird experience, here is something bad that you should mull over because it will make you a better person. What if you could think that life was this free vacation you'd won, and you won just because you happened to be alive?" -Dan Chaon


*blog title: lyrics by jim adkins

0 comments:

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™