Per Your Request..

Mini Brownie Reese's Surprise

Per request of Andy and Molly over at The Bumbles. (Your wish is my command my loves)
It's so super easy you are going to be shocked and astounded. Here goes:

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
One box of your favourite brownie mix.
One bag of Reese Cup mini's
RECOMMENDED: Wilton's Cake Release ( I will explain this later)
Mini cupcake pan (see below)









STEP BY STEP
- Follow directions on Brownie box to make brownie mixture.

- Squirt a glob of Wiltons cake release into the bottom of each cup on cupcake pan
*I have tried everything imaginable to work with these brownies. Brownie mix is a very thick cake and it sticks very easy to the pan. Pam will cause breakage, plus it leaves a "taste", butter/shortening causes breakage, and mini cupcake liners will just CEMENT themselves to the brownie leaving a Pandora's box of a mess while eating. Trust me, Wilton Cake Release works miracles. They just fall right out.

-Brush the cake release on the entire cup area.

-Fill cup areas halfway with brownie mix

-Take peeled Reeses minis and insert one into the center of the already filled brownie mix. Do not push these all the way to the bottom just kind of let it rest there.

-Spoon a small amount on top of the reeses just to cover it.

-Bake as directed on box.

-Cool and serve. TIP: They taste amazing warm with cold milk :)

6 comments:

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit November 19, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Oh my goodness! This sounds like a heavenly matching of two of my most favourite things ever! (Did you know it's almost impossible to get peanut butter cups in the UK! Unbelievable, I know. Thank heavens I live in the States now!).

I'll have to try this. I'm sure we even have the cake release stuff as Natalie has almost everything that Wilton has ever sold!

Lovely blog, by the way!

Penny November 20, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

Thanks guys! Let me know how you like them when you make them :)

The Bumbles November 20, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

Wait - shouldn't the recipe call for TWO bags of Reese's? You know, one to eat while you pop all the others into the brownies?

I am on a baking project tomorrow! Now, I just need to buy a mini pan, cake release stuff, and brownie mix. I have the 2 bags of Reese's minis already ;0)

The Bumbles November 21, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

Hey - I thought I left a comment here yesterday - no? I made a joke about how your recipe should call for 2 bags of Reese's one to bake with and one to eat while waiting for the baking to be complete!

Anywho - I went out and bought all the ingredients today and....SUCCESS! In this house, if something is particularly tasty, we call it "nummy." We have deemed these to be "nummy num num!" Thanks for that little morsel of heaven.

Penny November 23, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

So glad they came out!!
They are pretty easy and tasty huh??

:)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™