"Let the Music Play..He Won't Get Away.."



Tuesday Tunes: Week 107
A few fun questions for you:

What is the oldest album in your collection? (oldest as in you've had it longer than the others)Probably the first cd I ever purchased: Rage Against the Machine. I don't have any of my old tapes or records from childhood. My ma still has a few tucked away but what she has I am not sure of :)

What albums have you bought recently?
Just purchased Backspacer by Pearl Jam-amazing,
The Resistance-Muse

Where do you buy the most downloads? itunes, Only.

If you were to get a gift card from one music store, which one would it be and why? Itunes. It's the only program I use. They don't filter their music, they have pretty much everything and it downloads directly and easily to my ipod.

What do you have more of; physical albums or downloads? I have about a third of my collection transferred to digital. I will say that in the past year I stopped by physical cds (unless it's Jimmy Eat World) and just go for digital download only of new stuff. I don't carry the cds and cases, nor do I want them. I just buy it and end up uploading it to itunes and it goes in a pile somewhere to collect dust (null and void from this is J.e.w). So digital is the way to go :)


2 comments:

Malcolm November 3, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

Oldest album in my collection is the CD "The Ultimate Box Tops"... it was the first one I ever purchased. Oh wait, I might still have a few cassettes such as Bob Marley's "Legend", Nirvana's "Nevermind", and "Ten" by Pearl Jam.

The last album I bought was "Love" by The Beatles

I buy all of my downloads from Napster.

I'm not sure what type of gift card I'd get. Maybe iTunes for the reasons you mentioned.

I still have more physical albums than downloads. Although the gap has narrowed a bit because I've been making an effort to downsize.

BeckEye November 4, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

What is the oldest album in your collection? (oldest as in you've had it longer than the others) I'm assuming you mean CDs? I still have some albums but they're all at my Dad's house. I honestly can't remember the first album I ever bought. But it was quite possibly the Grease soundtrack. That sounds about right. The first CD I ever bought was Def Leppard's Hysteria.

What albums have you bought recently?
Pearl Jam's Backspacer (physical), The Gaslight Anthem's The '59 Sound (digital)

Where do you buy the most downloads? I pretty much buy exclusively from Amazon now. No DRM bullshit.

If you were to get a gift card from one music store, which one would it be and why? Amazon. No DRM, as I said, and they have a huge selection. And they occasionally give credits for buying a lot of music.

What do you have more of; physical albums or downloads? Hmm, I probably still have more CDs than downloads. But I'm trying to rip all of my CDs to my computer so I have everything in digital format. I still love physical albums...I'm a huge fan of liner notes.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™