So Sick of Being Tired, Oh So Tired of Being Sick..


More bitter sweet:
I am so very frustrated at this point. I work out. Almost every day. I changed my exercise routine last week to this crazy three mile walk with five pounds weights in both hands. Well..Tuesday morning I was asked to fix a computer. Right..because I do accounting..

So the keyboard was blown and I switched it out. When pulling the old keyboard out I realized it was stuck. The desk leg was sitting on top of the cord. I bent down to try and move the desk..which was a million pounds heavy and failed. About a half hour later I felt this weird "pop" happen in my tummy. Right above my belly button. It felt like when you put your finger in your belly button. That weird, tingly feeling. It went away rather quick. Next morning...all day..it was back. Only it brought a friend along. Pain. So the combo of cardio with weights and moving a desk.

My buddy, ole pal, Smithers thinks it is a hernia. Lucky I work with 14 different doctors. I've got the best treatment thus far.

So I have had an abdom. sonogram a UA and now I am going to get ready to have a surgery consult and a freaking CT with contrast-MOUTH and IV. Grossssssss...I don't even want to do this. I keep thinking it will just go away. So my little secretary Amber has been on the phone all morning trying to schedule this test. After finally finding a facility that participates with my insurance I scheduled for Monday. My friend was busy getting an auth from my insurance company to have this test done. (Basically you have to get permission before the test). So in the process of getting permission she discovered that our new company that bought us out last year never activating something in my insurance. So I've been paying like a hundred dollars every paycheck for insurance that isn't even ACTIVE!!!!! Now, I can't get auth'ed. I also just had the abd sono done. Gonna be getting a fat bill for that one. I want to just cancel it and pray to the health gods that this just disappears but kc will not let me. Now, I wait, while people are faxing and phoning and running about to situate my situation with the insurance.
The worst part of ALL of this is I can't exercise. It's driving me nuts. I am a fanatic when I feel I have to do something. A routine of sorts. So I feel really crappy about myself because I'm not able to.

Aside from this..some good things have happened this week. I will ist them:
Number one/a: I watched Cabaret. Any day with Cabaret in it is auto-magically ten times better
Number two/b: I had Number Four last night AND Glee was on telly. *sigh*

Number three/c: Hubs purchased me Ally McBeal Season One on dvd. I was speechless..without speech...

Number four/d: I have some crazy plans coming up for October. Going on a Guitar Center adventure to Fredericksburg soon with a friend for this amazing pedal for looping. So excited!!
Vampire Manor, Fall Fest, Sotterly Manor Tour, Haunted Hayride, photograph session with Russ..and so many other things I have to look at my planner to remember them.

Number five/e: This totally amazing, creative girl called Rachel over at creative living has told me she would be willing to create a Jim book for me. This gal does some totally radical designs in scrapbooking. I wish I had her talent :)

4 comments:

The Mrs. October 8, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

holy poop! I hope everything falls into place soon for you. Insurance companies suck. I just took tom to the doctors yesterday and he has a little umbilical hernia, he just said if the belly button pops out to push it back in, you could try that advice. Its cheaper then surgery.

hope your feeling better soon! and happy belated anniversary : )

BeckEye October 8, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

Yikes! I hope you're feeling better soon.

briarrose86304 October 9, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

I hope you're feeling better soon and get all the tests and appointments you need and especially that you've got it all covered with your insurance!

I can't wait to get started on your book... it will be one of the most fun projects I have ever done I am sure!

Penny October 10, 2009 at 10:45 PM  

Thanks darlings. My tummy is kinda achey. I just want to snuggle up and watch old movies on my couch all weekend. :)

My CT was finally approved and I go early, early monday morning.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™