Halloween Meme!




Sunday Stealing: The Halloween Meme



1. What is your favorite written work of horror fiction?
Pet Semetary by Stephen King. I have read this about four times and it always makes me leave the light on.


2. What is your favorite work of science fiction/fantasy?
Not a big fan of sci-fi/fantasy. I guess I could say Twilight. If that fits.


3. Who is your favorite monster? Edward Cullen

4. What is your favorite Horror movie? Pet Semetary. My brudder and I still, to this day, fast forward through the creepy sister with spinal meningitis part. I still leave the light on.
This or The Exorcist.

5. What horror movie gives you the most chills? Pet Semetary or The Strangers. I think because this movie isn't about monsters or dead people coming back from the grave. It's about regular people who are just sick and demented and like to play games. Creepy, creepy.

6. What character from any horror film would you most like to play?
Bella Swan :) ha ha

7. Freddy or Jason? Freddy was so much more B.A. than Jason.

8. What is your favorite Halloween treat?
Reese's Cups. Or those Carmel apple lollipops. Anything out of the Wonka pack.

9. Ghosts or goblins?
Ghosts!

10. Friendly-faced jack-o'-lantern or scary one?
Scary


11. What is your scariest encounter with the paranormal?
Probably my time as a paranormal investigator with Paranormal Research Society of Southern Maryland. We did some really creepy work at Sam Mudd house and Point Lookout Lighthouse. Got a lot of creepy EVP's and some weird pictures out of the mix. Heard some things that made me second guess things.

12. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? I honestly don't know. After working at PRS I would say yes. I do.

13. Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho? Can I vote D. None of the Above??

14. Favorite Halloween costume? I say this every year, but I think this year is my absolute favorite. I have always been in love with Alice in Wonderland, since I was very small. I have always wanted to be her for Halloween but never took the time to put together a decent costume. This year I have the most perfect costume and props and my brudder will be playing the part of my White Rabbit. Perfect!

15. Best thing about Halloween? Dressing up, hanging out with family and friends that has become tradition over many years, just having a good time! Halloween is my christmas.

16. Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)? Probably my brudder

17. Are you superstitious? No, I actually didn't care if I got married on Friday the 13th. I think most of that stuff is old wives tales.

18. Share an unusual Halloween story. I don't' really have any unusual Halloween stories. It's mostly fun, music, food, games and a movie. Good fun.

19. What did you do for Halloween as a kid? Get dressed up and go trick or treating with my cousins. Later when we moved we went with a bunch of neighbors. Always a good time.

20. What's the best Halloween party that you've attended? Mine!! Every year it gets better and this year I have a lot planned :)

4 comments:

Cautioner October 26, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

And I thought I was the only person who spelled it "brudder" :)

Penny October 26, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

ha ha :)
I spell it like I say it. I have always called him brudder ;)

BeckEye October 26, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

I say "brudder" all the time too, but it's because of this weird Martin Short special I saw once. The odd things that stick in my mind...

I have kind of a ban on memes on my blog, but that won't stop me from doing this one in your comments section!!

1. What is your favorite written work of horror fiction? Hmm. I don't really get into horror books too much anymore, but I used to read some back in the day. Does "Apt Pupil" count? It is Stephen King, after all. Wow, that movie did not do that story justice. If that one doesn't count, I'll go with "'Salem's Lot." Always loved that one when I was younger.

2. What is your favorite work of science fiction/fantasy?
Not a big fan of sci-fi/fantasy, either. But "Replay" by Ken Grimwood is one of my favorite books ever. It's a time travel-ish sort of story. I hightly recommend it.

3. Who is your favorite monster? Cookie Monster! If we're going for scary though, I've always been partial to vampires. Especially if they look like Billy Wirth in "The Lost Boys." (Alas, he did not get enough screen time.)

4. What is your favorite Horror movie? I don't know if it's true "horror," but "The Orphanage" is one of the best ghost stories ever. If we're going with old fashioned horror stuff, I'll stick with "Night of the Living Dead" or "Halloween."

5. What horror movie gives you the most chills? I'd have to say "The Omen," but just because of the soundtrack. That crazy Latin chanting always freaks me out. "White Noise" really creeped me out too.

6. What character from any horror film would you most like to play? Probably Carrie. I've often thought about killing everyone I went to high school with. Ha ha.

7. Freddy or Jason? Freddy. He had personality. And come on, the way he killed Johnny Depp? SO original.

8. What is your favorite Halloween treat? Pretty much all of them. I have a real thing for Laffy Taffy, especially.

9. Ghosts or goblins? Ghosts. I don't even know what the hell a goblin is.

10. Friendly-faced jack-o'-lantern or scary one? Scary, duh.

11. What is your scariest encounter with the paranormal? I am 99% sure my brother's old house was haunted, even though everyone else thinks I'm crazy. The first time I ever set foot inside that place, I had the most awful feeling, and it never went away. I had to babysit there a few times and TWICE this freaky thing happened, where my nephew was screaming his head off, and I went to change him and as soon as I put him down on the changing table he looked over my shoulder and stared at the doorway, smiling really creepily, like he was watching someone...like someone was entertaining him. And every time I walked down the steps, it felt like someone was behind me. I hated that place.

12. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? Obviously. :)

13. Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho? I guess an alien, so I didn't have to chop people up or eat brains.

14. Favorite Halloween costume? It's a toss-up between my Miller Lite bottle and the year I was the "devil with the blue dress on." Even though no one could figure out the latter.

15. Best thing about Halloween? Getting to be someone or something else for a day. And gorging on candy, of course.

16. Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)? Probably my nieces.

17. Are you superstitious? No, not really. I do think about things like that from time to time, like if a black cat crosses my path, but I don't let it bother me. I'm more interested in the origins of the superstitions.

18. Share an unusual Halloween story. Uhhh, I don't really have one. I dressed as Axl Rose one year, does that count as unusual? Oh, and I was Cyndi Lauper one year. She's So Unusual, you know. :)

19. What did you do for Halloween as a kid? Trick or treating with friends.

20. What's the best Halloween party that you've attended? Probably one of my own.

Penny October 26, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

I love the devil in a blue dress.
:)

Cute :)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™