"..Gonna Be Me, You and the Dance Floor.."

In honor of Ally Mcbeal watching and Music Memoirs normal "sum up your weekend in ten songs-Monday" I will say this: I am working on a Halloween party playlist, since I am, in fact, having a Halloween party. While setting up the songs I started a little "Penny Theme Songs" playlist. Everyone has that one song that just sums them up. Or maybe a few of them. I always have a song in my head and/or am singing. Often times I dance to the tunes in my head..always a riot.
These leads me to the subject of Theme Songs. Is there any song that makes you feel better instantly? It doesn't necessarily have to even be a major pop song with an infectious beat. Just a song that sums you up so amazingly and can raise your spirits. Or when you find yourself nervous, scared, anxious, sad you sing this and it all melts away? Well I have a few songs that are in constant rotation in my mind and bring a smile at any situation.

Some are subject to change but the tracks below are a constant. Here's my playlist. What is yours?

1.The Middle-Jimmy Eat World

2. Tell Him-The Exciters

3. Here It Goes-Jimmy Eat World

4. There Goes My Heart Again-Holly Dunn

5. So Far, So Great-Demi Levato

6. Tune Out-The Format

7. El Scorcho-Weezer

8. Troublemaker-Weezer

9. Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows-Leslie Gore

1 comments:

BeckEye October 19, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

"Red Dragon Tattoo" by Fountains of Wayne is a great pick-me-up. I think I mentioned once before that Squeeze's "Annie Get Your Gun" is my "happy song."

It's not really a happy tune, but "Ruins" by Melissa Etheridge kind of hit me in the right spot when it came out and I still view it as sort of an empowering song, and a good one about finally getting over someone who was never worth being, uh, under.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™