"I've Got a Bad Feeling About This.."

I am very thankful to not labor on labor day but can I just say, returning to work on Tuesday has set up one hell of a week here in PennyLand. This could quite possibly be, the most redick week of my life. A few little funtivities that have been happening this week in my world:

I made a cake and one dozen Spongebob cupcakes for someone on order. After handing them the box and finished products. They promptly told me they "forgot" their purse and would have to pay me later this week. Really???? I am this close to quitting. I am not actually making any money.

I have to prep to drive five hours to New Jersey for a Catholic Christening this Sunday, have forced awkward conversations with a room full of people who loathe me, and then drive five hours back to my home. Only to prep for work the following day. God, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Did my sarcasm translate??

I came into a frenzy yesterday at work. A whole deposit was taken/lost from our office. The result at end of the day = Money still lost/stolen, Short deposit, No suspects, Giant headache for Penny.

I am supposed to not talk to one of my very best friends anymore. Don't bother asking, I won't explain. It just sucks.

Today I walk in to several office mates have no remote connection. For the UN-I.T out there, this means, You can not connect to the Internet and the inTRAnet. I was preparing to correct these issues when I noticed my computer. Black DOS screen. We had a power surge. I restarted thinking..what the eff?? Black screen. No Operating System Found. Again, for the UN-I.T. this means, my hard drive is fried. This would be the SECOND time in two years that my work hard drive has died. The problem is in my company, if something like this happens they don't purchase you a new computer, they go find one in the back room, covered in dust, and it's new to you, therefore it is new and improved.

After calling our IT I was told someone would eventually be out to replace it/fix it. Ummhmm...
Well this doesn't work. I have to now find a desk to work at that is unoccupied and all of our tickets and payment will be held because my computer was the Main Squeeze. It has the scanner attached. To move the scanner temporarily, would be too much and the company does not want to purchase a license for this anyway.

I am starting to realize that in this company it is a fend for yourself type of gig. When something goes wrong with me or my equipment..everyone scatters like roaches when you turn on the light. It is my problem, I deal with it. This is so very frustrating.

So yeah, it's my pity party and I'll cry if I want to..

1 comments:

Malcolm September 10, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

Wow, it sounds like one f-ed up week. My condolences.

By the way, you commented on my blog saying you'd like to have a mix CD from me. If you email me your address and the genre of music you'd like on the mix, I'll see what I can do. My email is ultfan@gmail.com.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™