"What's Wrong Baby?"

I know everyone is dying to know how my weekend went..so I will summarize.

Firstly, went out with my bitches after work on Friday. Don't gasp just yet folks, our Friday night out was a trip to Build A Bear Workshop. ha ha ha ha.. I live on the edge. You know it!

It was a great time, aside from the rain. We each built a bear (I know, right??) and I bought a tiny microphone for my Jim Bear that I made last year. *ASIDE* When I paid for the bear the cashier asked if it was Jim Morrison..to which I gasped audibly and replied: NO...Adkins. Look it up!
The nerve :)

So after my BABW experience had Number Four at Hunan for dinner. Saturday I went to see Inglorious Basterds. I am not a fan of Quinton Tarintino. At all. I don't get the whole cult following of Pulp Fiction. It's just not for me. I had my doubts going in. Plus, the movie looked really violent. I wasn't sure if I would be able to stomach that. I will say, pleasantly surprised folks. I thought the movie was amazing. Well written, great acting (Brad Pitt, Eli Roth) and awesome cinematography. Out of 10 I give it a 10!

Following the movie I went to my local craft shop and purchased the canvas so I could paint some art for my new and improved master bathroom. We have been remodeling it for several weeks and it was finally ready to go. Both of my bathrooms in my home are decorated in Black and White. My B&W photography is displayed as the artwork. To switch it up, I painted 6 black, white and gray canvases. They came out looking great and really adds flavor to that loo.

To end my weekend I had to colour some gumpaste because tonight's class focuses on four different gum paste flowers. In a few weeks I was asked to make a friends birthday cake. She loves Harry Potter so I have decided to do a 10 inch round cake with Harry Potter on top and 12 cupcakes with HP themed toppers. I whipped up a batch of marshmallow fondant and started on sculpting some of the Harry Potter cupcake toppers. I made some snitches, the sorting hat, a wand and a quill. It was good fun. I would post pictures and/or say more about this but I can not. My darling Snack sometimes reads this blog and my cake blog and I don't want to give too much away, as this is a surprise. I am excited for her to see the finished products and to show everyone my work. I am now pretty thankful that I took three years of Ceramics 1-3 and Sculpture in high school. Helps with molding/shaping fondant and gumpaste :)

I hope everyone elses weekend was as lovely as mine. Can't wait to get to cake class and show off my new bag :)
Breathe ladies..just breathe.... I know it's amazing..


5 comments:

The Mrs. August 24, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

you should post a pic of your new master bath... or just email one if you dont want to post it. I'm curious to see your canvases. And your final cake, I know me a harry potter freak my mom would probably go nuts to get her a HP cake.

BeckEye August 24, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

You don't like Pulp Fiction???
*gasp*

But I love that Zac Efron bag. I have such a dirty old lady crush on him.

Penny August 24, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

Beck-
I don't like Pulp Fiction. Well..I don't hate it..it's okay, I just don't get the cult following. Did you see Inglorious Basterds? Soooo good!

Mrs-I will email you now :)
I don't have a pic of HP cake yet. It's not due until a few weeks from now. I just did the sculpting this weekend b/c they need to dry.

The Bumbles August 24, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

ANOTHER thumbs up for Basterds. I am now saving it in our Netflix queue so 10 years from now when we finally get through the gazillion movies on there I will not forget what it was called! I love Pulp Fiction - but I can see how others, not so much.

jujub213 August 24, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

OH MY! Zac Efron. I think you might be my new best friend :)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™