Mixed Tape Love

I was asked to do one of my favorite things to do last eve. Make a buddy a musical compiliation cd based on what I think they would be into. The one restriction: Only light 80's pop from my vast music collection. I got to work straight away and my result, was a massive ROCK out on the drive in to work.


Hall and Oates, ALWAYS deserves a repeat. Thrice, folks.

I figured since for once in my life I have absolutely nothing to say about anything today I would just share the track listing because it really is pure 80's magic.

Here it goes:

-Secret Lovers-Atlantic Starr

I Get Weak-Belinda Carlisle

-When Doves Cry-Prince

-Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone-Glass Tiger featuring Bryan Adams. (Initals B.A. for Bad ASSERY)

-You Make My Dreams Come True-Hall and Oates

-Nothings Gonna Stop Us-Jefferson Starship

-Missing You-John Waite

-Broken Wings-Mr. Mister

-Always Something There to Remind Me-Naked Eye

-Everytime You Go Away-Paul Young

-Jessies Girl-Rick Springfield

-Heart and Soul-T'Pau

-I Can't Fight This Feeling Any Longer-REO Speedwagon

-To Be With You-Mr. Big

-I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight-Cutting Crew

-Hungry Eyes-Eric Carmen

-Promises, Promises-Naked Eye

-If You Leave-OMD

1 comments:

Malcolm August 31, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

Although I wouldn't call a song with a guitar intro like "When Doves Cry" light pop, that's cool because music is all in the ear of the beholder. :-)

"You Make My Dreams" is one of my favorite Hall and Oates tunes. Because I hear that it's featured in a really cool sequence in the new movie "500 Days of Summer", I am tempted to go see it. Speaking of Hall and Oates, have you ever heard their original version of "Everytime You Go Away"?

Making mix CDs is one of my favorite hobbies too! I just need to figure out a way to make a living at it.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™