"Betwixt the Sun and Sea.."

I have been waiting for awhile to see Adventureland. Mostly because I think Bill Hader is the most talented and darling man I have seen in the past several years and partly because I wanted to see if Kristen Stewart had range.

Well..before I get all negative nelly on you, the soundtrack was amazing! The movie was set in the 80's which equals tons of awesome 80's stuff like Jesus and the Mary Chain (*sigh), Velvet Underground, Bowie and the Cure. Plus some pop greats like: Your Love by the Outfield, Don't Dream It's Over-Crowded House, Point of No Return-Expose, Let the Music Play-Shannon and so much more. You can't go wrong here.

Bill Hader did not disappoint. I also loved the cutesy innocence of the lead actor. As for Stewart...no range. I have seen almost all of her films by default (ie. great director, or another actor that I like). In all of these films she is the same person. It's like she just acts like herself yet I am always hearing about acclaim and praise for her skills. Are we watching the same gal here folks??? Gah, who knows.

The point of the post: Not a bad movie, funny, sweet, interesting, amazing tunes. Worth the watch :)






*lyrics by Jesus and the Mary Chain-Taste of Cindy

2 comments:

BeckEye August 28, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

No range?? Harrumph. Since you were late to my blog party, you missed my Guide to Understanding Kristen Stewart. I hope it helps. This is just one of the many public services I provide.

Also, this movie is in my Netflix queue and I can't wait to see it because it was filmed at Kennywood in Pittsburgh (ye olde hometowne). I'm interested to see how much of it they changed to make it look like a run-down old '70s park.

Malcolm August 31, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

Because I have an affinity for nostalgic movies, I'll have to check this out. The soundtrack lineup you listed is amazing! I'm not familiar with the work of Kristen Stewart... I do hope that she does right by Joan Jett in the upcoming flick "The Runaways".

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™