Practice Cake Three! Hearts, Zig Zag and Filling!

I baked another practice cake today. We couldn't finish our rainbow cakes in class. It was rushed because the other four people in the class were unprepared. No one read the book, no one brought any supplies so the majority of the time was spent loaning out or passing out Ashley and my own supplies to the others and the instructor baby-ing a 12 year old that likes Ace of Cakes and wanted to take the class to learn. First lesson 12 year old, BRING YOUR SUPPLIES.


So, with this, my rainbow cake was sloppy and rushed. I wanted to work on the new stuff I learned last night so I made a cake with hearts on it so I could practice the zig zag, dots and star tip techniques. This is also the first cake I cut, created a dam and filled. It came out wonderful so I am pretty excited!


Here are some pictures:




7 comments:

The Mrs. June 16, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Very valentiney.

I pride you on not going ape crap on the folks who were unprepared. That always annoys me.

B June 16, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Gah! That happens in my class to! Class 3, no one had their icing made correctly. The class ran over by 45 minutes. Although I love class, I had Tim and his parents waiting for me outside. I was so pissed!

Robin June 16, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

Oh, your cake turned out so cute!

PennyLane June 17, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

She wouldn't run. I would have liked that. I think she was a little irritated by the others as well. She went over exactly what to bring for the clown cake like three times :) ha ha.

B June 17, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

The weekly supply list is in the book too! No excuses! You need to bring a little whip to the next class... get those ladies in line. ;)

PennyLane June 17, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

Ha ha..I know!
Apparently ability to read isn't a pre-req. One of the girls is going to culinary school to be a pastry chef. I would have thought for sure, she would be prepared! No. Not so much!

I felt like the Cake Class Nerd! I had to make two car trips for all my supplies and I showe dup early!
ha ha ha.

B June 18, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

awwwhahaha! I am the same way! I'm 15 minutes early with all the supplies laid out. The other people in the class look at my stuff and say, "Were we supposed to bring that?" and stare at me. I always respond with, "It was on the supply list, she went over it last week." Sheesh. We're adults!

Why would a culinary/pastry chef student take these classes? They learn all of this stuff and more in school. Weird! (My instructor went to culinary school. She gives us great little insights and baking tricks.)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™