My Very First Practice Cake!

My first practice cake. Just for fun. I took a template design of The White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland and used piping gel to transfer it onto a butter recipe yellow cake.
I noticed a few errors while finishing my first cake.

Number One/A: I need to work on the crumb bit while icing.
Number Two/B: Do NOT over fill parchment bags
Number Three/C: Do not use black piping gel for the transfer..stick with clear and then redraw it. The extra step will make for a better presentation.

Things to keep with: Blue prints and planning. Always good.

Here are a few pics of the process:






















































practice with star tips on a leftover cupcake

2 comments:

B June 13, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

Looks great!

The clear piping gel and then the black after filling in the outline is the best way to go. It allows for cleaner lines.

What kind of cake and filling did you use?

PennyLane June 15, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

I didn't even think about that with the piping gel! We have not technically learned it yet. Tonight she is going over it. :)
I was going to ask you before I did it but I didn't want to keep bugging you! :)

I used a butter recipe cake. It's my favourite. I didn't do filling on this one. I don't actually have any filling recipes. I need to research some and gets some ideas. Do you have a favourite you would be willing to pass along to me?

<3

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™