Disturbia...

Some disturbing behavior I feel the need to point out. Again, while readying myself for work I saw a disturbing commercial for Latisse. For those who are not aware, this is a recently FDA approved cream medication that women can use in order to grow stronger, thicker eyelashes.

This sounds nice I suppose, if that is what you really want but it's frightening to me because in a world where EVERYTHING has a medication these days side effects seem to stand out for me.

I work in accounts in the medical field so I see the pharm representatives, I hear the stories. My office samples and signs off on drugs everyday. It's insane the things that have come and gone. I don't under stand that in a world of: if you have high cholesterol you take a medication but it causes liver damage and failure so you have to have your LFT's then tested every three months while on this drug, or an antibiotic that was a wonder drug for severe sinusitis after a year of being on the market was found to cause renal failure. This wonder cream/drug has side effects such as:

"A common, usually harmless condition in which areas of skin become darker than the surrounding skin color, an itching sensation in the eyes and/or eye redness, may cause other less common side effects which typically occur on the skin close to where medication is applied, or in the eyes. These include skin darkening, eye irritation, dryness of the eyes, and redness of the eyelids. Also, the big one, which I don't know..to me says: "Hello, I'm a red flag!"

"Increased brown iris pigmentation"

-So I ask, why in the wide world of sports would you risk using a silly medication for eyelashes?

Is it all that important I ask? Just buy the fake ones, or hey, Who cares? No one really pays attention to the eyelash. Maybe some WOMEN take note but isn't the point to attract the opposite sex with your long, lavish eyelashes? Hmmm...I'm lucky if any man in my life notices when I cut my hair an inch up. I don't know..just a thought folks.

My second disturbing behavior that was observed today. I would like to offer a Blessing from the Lord to this man. In traffic, I have the right away, I am on the main highway, traveling at 45 mph. A main in the median..wishing to cross over is waiting. There is a red light up ahead so traffic slows down to prepare. This waiting median man decides he would like to just go ahead and go across. Regardless if it's not his turn at all. He just feels like it's the right time for him. A need, a burn perhaps..So he is going to just go. Yuppers. Just come on out, only I am still traveling at about 25 mph and slowing for the red light so I drive by him, stopping his need/want/urge/burn to just cross even though it's not clear. This man puts his window down and begins screaming obscenities at me. I just laughed at him and waved politely.

I just found this disturbing. Really old guy? Wait your effin' turn. Don't yell at me for something YOU did wrong. This is called Projection. It's a defense mechanism. (Thank you Freud).

So, God Bless You old guy in traffic. You probably need it if I got you that fired up to shout curse words at me for no good reason. Mind your manners and I will mind mine *wink*

1 comments:

The Mrs. June 3, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

I saw that cream your talking about and I was wondering about it too. Really that seems like an awful lot of effort for thicker lashes. Especially when you can by mascara to do the same thing. Originally I thought maybe it was for folks who suffer for that disease where you lose all your hair but the ad said it was only for thickening. Again I ask is it worth it?

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™