"..Suck That Lucky Feeling Right Outta Me.."

I have a serious question/concern. Before I begin I want to state for the record that this rant is about ME. Here it goes:


I appear to be a glutton for punishment. I wonder if anyone else does the following:

There is a blog I frequent that infuriates me. I disagree with almost everything the author writes on her blog, I feel it's pompous and incredibly derogatory to certain types of people. Why is it that I still visit this blog at least once a week to read the complete and utter shit that is written there? I'm not saying I am writing Pulitzer prize stuff here or I am any better... I don't even think I have any real readers. I know a few folks who are bound by obligation read this daily but that's it. If I do they are silent readers and this gal has tons of readers and followers but they are all just as pompous and out of control as her. Okay, sorry I drift: Aside from all of this business and who has more toys than the other, the real issue at hand: Why do I keep Reading it??

Why, if knowing that I will develop hypertension and a hot flash, do I willingly, it's almost a NEED, go and read?

I don't necessarily think this gal is doing anything wrong. It appears that several people enjoy her blog. Everyone has a right to be/think/feel what they want and blog about what they want. I also have a right to disagree with it and I do, so why don't I just drop it and forget the url?

I do this with another person that frequents a site that I also frequent. We are like oil and water. This site actually has an "Ignore all by this Person" function but I can't quite bring myself to set that up. It's like I have to read what she is saying and it annoys me to no end. I know it sounds petty but some people are just annoying. Admit it folks..there are one or two out there that just get under your skin. I just don't understand why I care to subject myself to my own punishment. This is like me, willingly, setting up shop in a small room, alone, with a chair and an ipod blasting Bee Gees albums over and over for hours on end. My own personal hell. I would never do this willingly. So why do I feel the need to do this?

I think my rant with myself is over now.
*blog title: Feeling Lucky. Lyrics by Jim Adkins

6 comments:

briarrose86304 May 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

I am one of your, for the most part silent, readers and just wanted to comment and tell you that I do the SAME thing! I was just mentally chastising myself for this about 10 minutes ago. I think I do it because I would rather know what is going on, what is being said, rather than not know. Kind of like when you go past an accident, you can't not look, kwim?

I have a goal to be more protective of myself and my sanity and try to stop this behavior. I'll write again if I ever actually master that.

All that to say, you're not alone. I think its probably more normal than we think.

briarrose86304 May 27, 2009 at 6:48 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PennyLane May 28, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Awww..thank you! I know you from a common interest we share :)

It is very comforting to know that I am not the only one subjecting myself to this sort of thing!

Thanks for reading :)

B May 28, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Now I'm curious!

PennyLane May 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

ha ha..which one? Or both?
I'll have to PM you <3

The Mrs. June 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

is it wrong of me to be dying to know what this blog is and to ask for its url? I'm sure it is its just the bitch in me is dying to know.

I'm hoping you dont send me my own url that would just be uncomfortable.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™